Lost the PIP war

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I tried to out last the PIP but my manager has asked me to meet them this Friday at a hotel with my laptop. Any last advice you can offer? I'm sure there will be another manager there and they will serve me the papers.

I tried looking for another job the whole time but no luck, it was really scarce out there.

Wife, 3 kids, mortgage and the oly bread winner.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go yo Syria and fight the lunatics

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did you get put on PIP for?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just for low sales results and a few fake calls.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former DSM here. The only advice I can give you is to not cry. I have fired several reps in my career and about 75% of the women start crying. I had 1 male that cried like 5 year old girl. When he finally left the room myself and the other manager burst into laughter. It was one of the funniest and most pathetic things I have ever seen. I know this job is very emasculating for a male and you become very soft but at least try not to cry until you get home.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here, that was not me I didnt reply that.

Low sales, true, but not faked calls. The thing is, others on my team also have low sales, but no PIP for them.

Anyone have serious solutions to this problem? I know I'm really asking for it by posting on CafePharma but in desperate times you will try anything.

This stuff drives you crazy, I certainly don't want to go out like my man Robin W. besides then I forfeit my life insurance for my wife n kids.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure your self esteem in pretty low. Look at it as one chapter of your life ending....another beginning. People hate the rep job but stay because the money is good and they are afraid of the unknown. You have a real opportunity now. Go find work that will make you happy. Above all...DON'T look for another pharma job. It will be the same as working for AZ but with different players. Like the other posters said...don't cry and don't beg for your job back. Go with pride!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a male and wasn't planning on crying but when I think of my kids, possibly losing our home, the embarrassment of my friends and family knowing. It seems like I'm waiting on death row and Friday is my execution.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nanu Nanu, u know what to do bro

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it was just me and no dependents I would probably not care. The game changed when the wife and kids got on board.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually I don't know that is why I'm asking for advice.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do u have a garage and a garden hose?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would sit down and When they start talking say hold on! Get you an employment lawyer that you can have on stand by and call them right there and then. Ask questions like why me I am not the only one in this pod with low numbers? Did everyone in the company get put on PIP for low numbers? If your done anyway make think about it first might save your job for a while.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former DSM here again. LOL. You dimwitted reps always say get a lawyer. It won't help you dummy. You are an "at will employee". That means they don't have to give you a reason why they are firing you. I have fired members of a low performing pod before and kept the others. Why? Because I subjectively saw things that the others were doing to turn things around that the fired rep was not doing. So good luck fighting a subjective manager's perspective. Believe it or not you are not entitled to a job. Hire a lawyer if you want, they get rich of of whiners like you that think they are special and entitled.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

only chance you will have is to have an attorney with you.make no mistake they will have multiple reasons ready to fire you.even if your attorney can buy you some time that will probably be the best you can come out with.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a fucking dick. I am sure in January you will be the one crying like a bitch.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ is always worried about greeting sued. They will give you a 13 week package. If you happen to bump a car on the way out of the hotel and you "get hurt" your looking at 13 weeks workman's comp. A person did this and that person still has a job.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilliant idea moron. Give the little bit of severance money you are getting to some sleazebag attorney that can do nothing for you. No wonder you big pharma sample jockeys are a running joke.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a dumbass that knows nothing!! I sued the pharma company I was with 7 years ago and won a year and a hafe worth of salery, and yes AZ hired me 4 months later with no problem. The above sounds like a DBM that sucked his or her way to their position. Trust me a lawyer will give you time, and that "at will employee" is BS. We're all AT WILL EMPLOYEES dumbass and it still gives you the right sue over discrimination. I swear DBM's prove everyday how they are rock bottom stupid.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And if you get caught doing insurance fraud then you get 13 months in prison where you are manraped every day.