Another one bites the dust!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another interesting finding is that looking down cafe pharma this afternoon it lists all the people that are "viewing" besides the companies name and Cubist almost ALWAYS has 5-10 people viewing versus many that dont have any or perhaps 1-2 viewing. Doesnt that tell you anything? How disgruntled and negative folks are at Cubist? Scary shit...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If worrying about hitting your sales numbers every year stresses you out you should give GlaxoSmithKline a look. Their bonuses are not tied to sales at all and are very consistent. Not tryingg to be sarcastic, if you are waiting for our company's plan to move to high base and fixed or guaranteed bonus then I think that's unrealistic. Best of luck to you, I hope you find happiness and find what you are looking for.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know you're trying to offer help here and not being sarcastic but GlaxoSmithKline? The whole point of me coming here 8-9 years ago was to escape big pharma which is what Cubist has become. No, biotech should pay more and if MC and Durata which have antibiotics like Cubist does and can afford to base higher bases being a little biddy start up, then Cubist who makes Billions should be able to make the adjustment. I think it's only fair. They are NOT on par with what MOST biotechs are paying their employees. Take a look and you will see what I'm talking about. Oh, I know upper management will tell you that are compatible with other companies, but they're full of shit. They are comparing themselves to other big pharma companies NOT biotech which is what they are classified as being.

They need to step it up a notch especially when GS and others just recently cashed in 3.5M in stock options. Im not jealous or envious of that. I think it's good we reward hard work and there's nothing wrong with being financially wealthy. I applaud success and as much as I disagree with GS, I'm sure he worked his way up and deserves a lot of it. But my arguement is we should get paid more. If we were cash poor, I would understand. But we're not. Pay us what we're worth and stop with the insulting 1-2% merit ncreases when you have a blow-out year !

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, waiting for your company to change is a lot more frustrating and stressful than simply changing companies if you want instant gratification. I do believe that the leaders are listening and that better times are ahead. Call me a kool aid drinker but I believe the recent events have gotten leaderships attention and I wouldn't be surprised if they began to make some positive changes very soon.and if they don't then I'll consider it a lesson learned and move on myself. We can call Rob and Greg a lot of things but stupid isn't one of them, they know what's at stake and I have faith they will do the right thing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a kool aid drinker.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and grape is my flavor of choice!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm actually with you and if you other peeps want to jump on board with the "Kool-Aid Drinker" mantra, have at it! I have time and energy invested here. I love what I do. Am I frustrated with the way that we are expected to sell 5x as many products at 100% to make the same bonus we made just on Cubicin? Yes! I am totally frustrated. But here's the deal: I have a pretty deep sense of loyalty and desire to see things made better here. I spoke to MC and I have to tell you, I felt like it was too good to be true and that they were leveraging our frustration with Cubist to blow sunshine up everyone's ass who is choosing to leave. I think it's a bait and switch job. I also have a problem turning around and selling a branded product in the same space to the same customers to whom I've represented Cubicin for so many years. It seems disingenuine and I personally feel like it calls your credibility into question. Just my opinion. All that being said, if I leave CUBIST it will be because they didn't follow through on their promises of "sticking with them; it will get better," and I will leave for something that is a developmental opportunity for growth and adds to my resume.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GS and RP aren't stupid? Let me remind you why we are in the mess we are in! Adolor! Management OVERPAID for the company and specifically the pipeline (which has yielded zero to date, and may never!). Instead of being realistic with Wall Street GS and RP said we could sell double, which was never realistic. It also set up crazy goals for many territories where the previous rep was either hated or never worked. GS also underestimated the sheer volume of work it would take to move Entereg. BTW...they GS and RP miscalculated the marketplace for the drug as well, surprise! So what does RP and GS do after this debacle? Oh! Let's double down with what may be the WORST deal since the Native Indians sold Manhattan for $20 worth of beads, co-promote with Optimer. But this wasn't just any co-promote! GS let Optimer write the IC plan, implement marketing and worst pricing! So to make up for Adolor management gets into a worse deal to make $$$. So while Optimer reps blow out the quotas and make lots of bonus Cubist reps fall short, spend all their time chasing scripts and to top it off get terrible reviews because we can't hit quota, huh???!!! I know! So at the NSM RP gets up and says, "hey we made a bad deal nothing we can do, but we'll make it up to you...btw my wife loves shoes that's why I'm selling shares". How do they make it up to us you ask...let's over pay for Optimer increase your goals and do absolutely nothing about the #1 issue, PRICE! Now all this time the brand teams and management keep with the mantra "we are providing you with tools and new sales pieces", dumbass it's all about price! Customers don't care about pretty pictures and Times New Roman print! So while GS and RP make fun of Optimer they actually sold more Dificid than we have!!! Let's not even mention Trius, GS gets his hands on a promising new therapy and what does he do? Price it too high and along with TC prepare the WORST launch strategy I've ever seen. Let's spend a week on role plays that address nothing about the drug except practicing 3 product role plays. With each false step RP and GS have made pressure goes down to the sales force to produce in quite possibly the worst time with ObamaCare and cost pressure. Because of this Cubicin quotas have to increase even with high volume territories, has decision support ever heard of a market share component to IC? So to people asking and staying on for big raises where are you going to get the $$$ from? GS isn't giving up money and RP's wife has moved from Manolo to Louboutin! Icing on the cake bring in an unemployed "consultant" TC, with him at the controls the future is bright! I'll stick around for a while, luckily my spouse has a kick ass career and I like my manager (unless he leaves!).

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! Always Mr. Negative, he needs to take a ride in the WAAAAMBULANCE out of here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stea, Chambers and Perez could care less about the sales group. They laugh at these posts. Just do nothing for them. They will laugh all the way to the bank in a short time. They can stick this crappy job where the sun don't shine. Class A holes all of them.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know the funny thing is all the pro Cubist supporters say they have talked to someone and they are "looking into things". What things? What things are they looking into? Management hasnt came out or said shit! What are these "things" they are looking into? Nobody can answer that question for me...What things? What kind of changes are they looking into? Please someone tell what that is....Nobody that I know in upper administration has discussed this with us...I think thats why people are pissed and leaving. There is no transparency with this company. Nothing. EVERYTHING has to be analyzed to death to the point of nauseum. And guess what. Your MC dude probably told you what you needed to hear to stay while this MC opportunity passes you by. And then you have to pray another opportunity like this one comes available one day again. Listen, I have talked to a bunch of people that were ex-Cubist employees that actually went through training and its NOTHING like Cubist. No stupid role-plays, no stupid CubeFolio bullshit and adminstrative tasks that keep us from doing what we do best, sell. No stupid car allowance, CRS bullshit. No dumbass NSM's where they fly across the planet for a week long meeting where we stay in the hotel for the majority of they day and forced to participate in all of this team dinner bullshit. None of that at MC. They dont even have a marketing team for their products. They believe in REGIONAL meetings where they get together for a couple of days and brainstorm on what's working out there, what's not etc. More opportunity for growth in you wanted to stay in sales versus the dumbass consistancy award and Senior CBM distinction here at Cubist which I have never been able to obtain due to shitty quota setting practices for my territory year after year. One year, COE and MVP, the next year, barely make plan and stress because lack of money coming in from bonus. Meanwhile there are territories that get thrown a bone EVERY year and they make plan EVERY year even if a monkey is working the territory. So many of these goldmine terrtitories that literally you could play golf for 4 days out of the week and the territory runs itself and does well each and every year without any effort? Mine? I have to bust my ass EVERY year to barely make goal. I hate to tell ya'll this but sometimes it's not the rep. Sometimes its something totally out of your control. Should you suffer and not get a bonus because of things happen out of your control? Apparently Cubist thinks so.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mosley(Mosely)?... do you mean EM in Florida?