You can't "optimize" morale

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2014 at 8:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agreed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well if you were worth the free gas you put in your (almost) free car, you would also make LTI, dumbass!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LTI (Long Term Inventive) is not a given. You have to get and EE rating to be eligible, the company has to meet specific goals and it is paid about 4 years after your EE. Most of us won't be here that long.....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can understand the RFT position for ongoing training, that is since they need it. Now for the RSM...it is a glorified secretary. And the above poster is correct, they do work long hours, thats because the RD cant do his own presentations, or his research, or analyzing the data. I give props to the RSM for making their RD look good. They do learn a lot but really this position is required before you can be an Account Manager. Please

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came in 2006, I was told Novo was considered a Specialty company. Not anymore we are a bad imitation of the Pziers, Mercks, AZ.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It isn't even a possibility if you are a Level 8 or lower.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true, if they are any good at their job! Just like everyone else, they have to get an Exceeds to qualify for it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exec DCSs qualify for LTI. Unfortunately, my sadist manger knows this and constantly dangles it like a carrot in front of me. He somehow managed to give me an ME the year I won silver COE. WTF?

Just because you can qualify for LTI, does not mean that you will actually get it. It's just one more tool in the Novo Toolbox!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF is Silver COE?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Martin on stage with the Harley. I'd forgotten about that. Any one remember just hanging with the ET at meetings? What lacked in the day, was the arrogant, frat mentality. We worked hard and felt like a TEAM. I left Novo a while back, after over a decade. Best decision I could have made. Change is constant in any industry, but healthcare is changing more rapidly than ever before. Instead of pining for the old days, take control of your life. I did and truly have not looked back, except for occasionally checking out this board. NNI was a remarkable experience. I actually was proud of what we accomplished, what we represented and the respect we got from providers. I'm not joking. When I resigned and said farewell to many key customers, I heard what you all are stating on this board. I took my time to find the best fit for my new career. I work in healthcare, for a large health system. My skill set is appreciated and well rewarded. The healthcare world is changing. The days of thousands of highly compensated reps will be over soon. The industry as we knew it will no longer exit. Payers (insurance) will deal directly with the company to contract for product. It is inevitable. Hospitals are merging daily. They will effectively gain better pricing at a higher level.

Parlay your experience into your next career soon...

Best of luck to all.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol- this person has know f**king idea what they are talking about.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's not forget being able to wear jeans at meetings.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more with the original poster on this thread. I have put in 10 years with this company and have seen it go from a model business into just another company who squeezes people with numbers and metrics. All I can say is, get off this message board and go fill out the yearly Evoice survey that's coming in the next few weeks. Be completely honest! I know I will be.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes...very well said. so true. guess what Novo...we are growing weary of the "Best in Class" BS that keeps getting regurgitated...just be hones now,what differentiates our benefit package from any other specialty, Biotech,or for that matter big pharma company? please...makes me want to puke..."while maintaining our best in class blahblahblah...." Really? Can someone tell me,forexample, how the recent change to fleet policy is still best in class? I know reps from other companies that pay $0 (yes,nothing) for use of company car...and nice cars too. Saw a rep in a loaded (leather,etc.) Toyotal Venza recently and another in a loaded (leather, dvd, etc) van...and they pay $25 toward the car...LOL, Best in Class?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't wait to see our new Best In Class Packages that are going to be rolled out in 2015!!! They'll probably be the Best Ever Offered in the History of Pharmaceutical Sales!!!! Thank you Jesper; please can I have some more????!?!?!???!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a home office point of view, you can definitely see morale slipping. The problem now is that everything little thing you want to do needs an ROI analysis to justify it. But anyone who knows pharma data will tell you it's often difficult to nail down a real ROI. So people are just making shit up. And the people more comfortable with lying are the ones securing funds. We've gone a great biotech company to the medieval ages. Each little "king" vying for power (money) and doing anything to get it.

Also they're not backfilling roles where people left. We're not even talking about new head counts. They are trying to improve our bottom line by not replacing workers who leave the company. That's great for the stock, but it's destroying the remaining employees' quality of life, because they are the ones who have to pick up the slack.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow,
    I don't know how you in home office are dealing with that?

Here in the field, everyone is happier than hell.

How about Novo backfill those positions with a bunch of people with zero qualifications for the position, work side by side with you, receive the bonus structure you were promised because you were the "cream of the crop", and have zero impact on your day to day business.

Like I said, everything is GREAT here in the field.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is whats her name the head of Marketing doing these days? Camille ........

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great Thread. I finally got the courage to leave and take a cut in salary to move on to something outside the industry. Don't miss the money ( I can actually make more once acclimated ). And certainly don't miss my " team mates"...who were the worst people. I laugh at how these jokes ( that have been in pharma and only pharma for 10+ years ) think that they are such professionals...they wouldn't make it in the real world..and will soon find out.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great post OP...this company used to be about just selling and relationships. Now it is micromanaged to death...meetings and conference calls that are worthless, pointless emails so everyone can self promote and pat each other on the back. If you want to get ahead, don't worry about numbers. Sales numbers are much less critical than your ability to network. So we now have managers who can't sell shit. Like the post about the COE winner getting a meets...how is that even possible? that is so wrong.