Cultural Hallmarks

Discussion in 'Mallinckrodt' started by Anonymous, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seemed like the last national POA was ages ago. And these were the values that upper management vowed to uphold, demonstrate, and exemplify:

Engaged - We take personal responsibility for our success

Competitive - We value breakthrough thinking that leads to industry leadership

Collaborative - We work together to create solutions

High Performing - We deliver on our commitments

Trustworthy - We consistently model our values

With the events that transpired post XXR launch leading up to the recent PIPs/severance, I think we all can agree that there is so much irony in these so called "hallmarks".

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHA what a joke! Did you copy this off the little laminated cards we were given at the meeting? My DM made me tape mine to my company car dashboard. He left the company a couple of months ago.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all know that was corporate mumbo jumbo. I just want to know what my future is since I have over 60 rxs already. What does October have in store for me?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll have to wait til after the next round of the chopping block. Then corporate will come up with a magical number for October.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

....and maybe the milk won't be sour in the morning.......

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It all depends on what's going on behind the scenes. Are the events of the past month the company's reaction to a failed product launch? Or do these events coincide with something bigger that was already in progress?

To your question: One has to believe that the company is smart enough to figure out a way to retain the best and brightest. If you have over 60, then you would have to be included in that group.

BUT, you have to consider what the company has allowed already. Think of all the great reps and managers that are already gone. I won't name them here, and I guess we don't even know who they all are, but the grapevine is pretty reliable.

I think I'm one of them, too. I sat at the head table in Playa del Carmen a couple of years ago. And I'm out. And for what?

How much revenue does 30 scripts generate anyway? $5,000? $10,000? Likely somewhere in between. But we gave most of it away anyway.

To have to incentivize this product the way MNK did should have indicated that it was a failed project from the start.

And to hang the sales careers of so many talented people on that failure is a crying shame.

We'll all move on and rise above it, but Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals may not. They always talked about one of their most valuable resources being their people. They will have a black eye for a long time.

My question to you is: "Is there a single person reading this that thinks he or she has been treated as a valuable resource?"

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A valuable resource? No way. Especially after I heard of the starting salaries of Inventiv reps with pain experience. Hey, I went through MNK's pain certification, spending countless PERSONAL hours completing the program to find out that a contract rep was given more base pay than I was being paid. Yes, MNK has been screwed up for a long time.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've always said a company that talks about things is usually not doing it.

Precious resource = people. Ha we don't give a flying.......
    Competive salaries = we know we underpay and don't care
    Opportunity for growth = only for friends of management
    Year end review = we need something to justify getting rid of you
    Career plan = HR makes us do it but don't kid yourself we don't belueve in you
    Accountability = only when things go wrong otherwise its thanks to marketing
    Transparency = only when its to our benefit and you will get screwed
    Paradigm Shift= nobody knows what it means but the consultans say its important

Don't get me started on those ZS clowns they've done moreto harm the industry than the industry ever could.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep and not one time during that October meeting did SC mention any value of the sales force. She did mention 17 times in her introductory comments that the shareholders were most valuable.

That meeting was all A bunch of BS . That is where I also learned how much they were offering Inventiv reps, and the salaries were more than most at Mallinckrodt. I left that meeting knowing I had to polish the resume and get out of the mess she and upper management was creating.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You were counting way back THEN?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well after about the 7th time I wanted to see how many times she mentioned the shareholders. Yep....17 times in during her first stage appearance. Not that I was ever naive enough to think any upper management really cares about us, but some would mention that we were the "pinnacle of the company" or some other similar words. She did not even mention that sales reps were important during the entire meeting. Not once!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The share holders are the most important to the company. Employees are an expense that takes away profit. It is like for all companies. IF they could figure out a way to hire reps for $10 and hour , they would do it! OR to be able to implement the Walmart way into pharmaceutical reps , they would

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone once told me that a product is only as good as the sales force that spearheads it. I guess 90% of the top talent here doesn't know what they are doing, or could it be that the powers to be got it all wrong? Abuse deterrent, no wait we didn't get that right? fast acting-long lasting, PM&R, Anesth., PM&R, Ortho, ENT, Surgeons, FP, Oh, what the heck just try veterinarian's and anyone else you can think of...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh and how about our new "training" modules, Ortho, plastic, obgyn and podiatry. Ya think we should have had them about let's say 6 - 7 months ago.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen to that! Now being told to change the messaging to get the provider to listen...like that's gonna change anything! Lose/lose situation...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez!!!! Stock up 10 days in a row. Up 15 points since I left. I didn't know I was dragging the company down THAT bad!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is TOTAL B.S. What a joke!!! Isn't everyone looking for a job? Do they really think that people would stay under these conditions?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wah wah wah wah wah wah somebody please help me

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry lady, but this is the titanic. If you don't have a life vest by now you might as well go down with the ship.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a lot of things to say about this company and its culture--or lack of it. But it hardly seems worth the effort anymore. I think most people are putting MNK in their rear view mirror.

Good riddance.