Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics - Region North America re-org

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is that 800 square foot apartment in Boston you call home for $3k/month. My laundry room is bigger than that. In fact, perhaps you would like to check out our 1,100 sf guesthouse with lap pool located just south of our main residence on our ten acres of tranquility among the bluebonnet fields of the Texas Hill Country. When you're finally laid off (which you will be), know that I have a job for you shoveling horse shit in my stables. Something tells me that with your experience in Vaccines, you'd be perfect for the job!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do. Some got stock. Others I know got straight-up cash payments promised to them if they stick around until a specified date. Regardless, unless you're content to live on it while seeking employment following your layoff, don't worry about it. Majority of you are goners once this closes - whenever that is.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clear evidence that things will wrap up before years end. The Oct 3rd review is animal health only, but Vaccines/Oncology will be soon thereafter. The cake has been made, icing applied and now all is left is placing the decorative frosting flowers and getting the bakery chef's 30 second glance over approval.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a hint for you economic geniuses, most people in the NE work. The defense of bad public schools obviously comes from someone who is a product of one. Students in states with good public education are more more productive,earn more and pay more taxes. That is mostly in the North East. It is a fact that higher productivity NE states pay much more into the Fed System then we get out. subsidizing the ignorant Southern folk has been a given for the history of the US. Wealth extraction from the resources offered by the land is the only thing offered to the economy by these folks who are generally much less educated and this return much less value.

And, I'd much rather be looking for a job in Boston than in Dallas.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a proud owner of a piece of property paid for by working for an economic system based on education and technology. All centered I. The East or North East. You are a parasite.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_taxation_and_spending_by_state

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure about Texas. Since GSK will have to keep the HS site running, now that they are stuck with flu, I would speculate that NC might be the US vaccines main site, not Texas.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait a second, the liberal Northeastern geniuses up here vote for more and more wealth extraction at every election. It's like a core belief of approximately 81% of the NE electorate (I would be in the other 29% - thank you very much). If you're so bitter about it, perhaps you should re-examine the very liberal doctrine you blindly and consistently vote for every time. Instead, we effectively managed to export shit healthcare coverage to the other 49 states in the form of Obamacare - an even greater extraction of our wealth. Nice job!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you find it very "up conservative" that people who have the most money want to be taxed the most? It is an indespitoble fact that liberal states subsidize the more conservative states. Not just with the direct transfer of Fed Tax $s but with paying much more of the things conservatives are most found of - the overpriced US militrpary. Then, all the education that brings innovation in science and technology. Sure, there are cities and regions in conservative states that do the same, like the RTP in NC or Austin in TX, but those areas aren't conservative. There are no exceptions- if you create value you aren't consertitce.

And as far as your opinion in regards to healthcare, it is simply silly. Canada and Weatern Europe have the equivalent outcome st ours at half the price. And what is funny, those like you, who oppose Obamacare, are many times those who live in states with the worst healthcare outcomes.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate the various political points of view being expressed here, but may I ask that we steer the conversation back to the issue at hand? You know, the one about the majority of us being unemployed here come November? Thank you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The deal will close in Dec. The first round of layoffs in Jan, with second 3-6 months later. They need to sort through the talent and interview...Also, in the US the WARN act will be relevant which requires 60 days notice of impending layoffs. So we can buy bits of time for the job search.

Since when did GSK aquire flu/HS? I thought they said no the first time.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flu, sure what's up there? How can that be sepratted from the rest and then successfully implemented? Good luck with that.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, having a fact based discussion regarding Economics, Politics and issues like Healthcare with a "conservative" is like trying to watch Faux Knews and understand reality.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alright, guys. I read on here that the deal will close in October. I read on here that it will close in November. I read that it will close in December. And then there are those who still point to early next year. Which is it?

In the case of the post above, can you cite your source(s)? Is this credible information? Or just more speculation?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

---------------

There is definetely no confirmation nor even reliable speculation that GSK will acquire flu/HS!
    However, they probably are strongly interested in the technology of MDCK-based subunit flu vaccine, supporting the setting up for their proprietory EB66-based flu antigen production in Texas, for which they got US-BARDA money support, too. They have an own adjuvant AS03, highly competitive to MF59, but a general lack of experience in producing subunit vaccines. Well known, successful future pandemic vaccines will require a combination of a good/strong adjuvant with subunit technology. In contrast to HS, the plan for TEXAS/GSK flu does not include seasonal flu manufacturing.
    Thus, it might be reasonable to assume that they will just buy the German MDCK-based flu production w/o taking the Novartis Squalen/Oil in water adjuvant. MF59 will go together with the larger sites Liverpool and HS to a seperate buyer not yet announced, though this buyer is already known to some guys involved in the sales process.

Timing of the GSK closure will be defined in the next 3-4 weeks. Indeed, the clear goal is year end and not H1/2015 for obvious reasons. As long as associates think they still have plenty of time, a quick move to another job might be considered not that urgent. The pressure to find acceptable alternatives for employment, not only in Cambridge, will increase even more very soon....
    Attrition in Cambridge is almost up to 4 times higher than in previous years.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you fucking aholes still posting here??????????? GO to GSK & pollute their boards & click the stupid thread 100K a week to look important . No one gives a shit about
    Vaccines & Diagnostics in fact they never did when you were actually part of this craphole.
    Addios Sayonara Totsiens / Mooi loop Or'var Hasta dempués / Hasta llueu / Ta llueu / Dica llueu / Ta mañana / Ta pronto /Ta la prósima আসি? (ashi?) lit.
    ভালো থাকবেন। (bhalo thakben)
    ভালো থেকো। (bhalo theko) -
    বিদায় নিচ্ছি। (bidae nicchhi)
    খোদা হাফেজ। (khoda hafez)
    再見 (joigin) 拜拜 (bāaibaai) Adeus Adye / Orevwa / Babay Selamat tinggal 안녕 (annyeong) Viso gero Ciao / Ci vediamo / Arrivederci / Arrivederla Баяртай (Bayartai) Sala kahle (sg) Salani kahle Hamba kahle (sg) Hambani kahle (pl)
    Ube no hambo uluhle
    BUH FUCKING BYE ! don't let the syringes hit you on the ass on the way out !!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that's some funny shit. This guy clearly has too much time on his hands... And speaking of hands, probably hasn't been laid in a loooonnnnggg time (like never).

Dude, get a life!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, get a life. You are still reading this thread and posting commentary! Idiot.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thus, it might be reasonable to assume that they will just buy the German MDCK-based flu production w/o taking the Novartis Squalen/Oil in water adjuvant. MF59 will go together with the larger sites Liverpool and HS to a seperate buyer not yet announced, though this buyer is already known to some guys involved in the sales process.

So there is a separate buyer for flu? Buying just the MF59 and pandemic?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blah Blah Blah go away stupid orphans . GSK is waiting for you. Go play golf at 12 oaks if you're bored