Alcon Australia

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Apr 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had one former high implanting customer say that it isn't the competitors doing anything right, it's Alcon doing them a favour by driving customers away. He said he will never come back.
    With B+L's recent purchase of chroma surgical products it's going to make MS sink even more

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not unique to down under, across the board, the brains that made Alcon what it was all left, only the politicians remain.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

???????? are you confusing Chroma with B&L licensing of Finevision IOL
    Chroma are going through distributors

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No...Valeant / iNova have purchased the surgical ophthalmic division of Chroma. Lenses, OVDs, and Qube phaco system

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as BE finally gets his just deserts for the amount of people he has driven out through bullying, lies and intimidation.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget harassment and humiliation!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a reminder people... HR are now aware of this page and have IT reviewing company laptops & iPads through the network for who has been accessing site on work equipment. Stop botching and whinging and face up yo the people you have issues with. If you choose not to than seek employment elsewhere.. It's your choice!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hr have been aware of this site for years. Stop with the scare mongering.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the advice HR /ELT why don't you deal with the problem rather than monitor external sites. Oh wow the problem is you... That's right. Fools

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try....and poor attempt at sweeping the ongoing issues under the carpet. This site gives a clear message to the management. If they don't shape up soon not only will nobody be working here but you won't get anyone interested in applying to fill the vacancies.
    Perhaps HR should be shifting their efforts at assessing who is being placed into positions of people management when it's clear they have zero people skills.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you should stop whinging and man up and make the change yourself. If what is being said that HR have known of this site & commentary and still have done nothing about it than maybe they never will. Either continue bitching about everything probably out of your control and take control and move where you will be happier... Or maybe these comments are a reality check for you realising your not that good and would not get an equivalent or better role elsewhere... Think about it..

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are Australia's sales $200 million a year? That's why people don't care!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's obvious that you miss the whole point (which is no surprise). Alcon is being destroyed by a select few in management positions. Those who are keeping this place alive are the ones who should be staying, not departing because a few are driving them out. Just look at everyone who has left, they did go on to just as good a role if not better...Therefore, the best option is for you and yours to go elsewhere. But I doubt any of you would survive in the real world, We never hear of any Alcon management being poached by competitors because even they are smart enough to know the toxicity is too ingrained.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then for your sake I trust you are using your personal computer?
    The advice you put forward may well be heeded. With the exception they will go over their heads and report the bullying and intimidation to higher management and HR, or in some circumstances even an external tribunal is justified.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you consider the profit in that 200mil due to the high rebate market they should care.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an ego? I assume your team thanks you daily for being such a hero.
    Alcon Australia must be so grateful for having a team player like you to show them the way.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As opposed to the current management? The term 'team' is fast disappearing

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't read ego in the comment. And yes, I am grateful that we have support amongst ourselves which management fail to provide.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly people.. I am not senior management nor HR, actually I'm a ex very happy employee of Alcon and have left the company for the right reasons which is for the benefit of my family and career... It seems all you can do is bitch and moan about the same stuff like you were on a merry go round. Slagging people on this site and not confronting them with your concerns, questions your honestly & integrity & the type of person your have to look in the mirror each & every day. And if you come back with a response to this that well I'm sticking around to get back to or because of how Alcon used to be... Wake up and smell the cheese... There is a reason it seems most are bitching on this site and that is because of the leadership. If you don't like it and think it's probably not going to change... Save us all and find somewhere you will be happier!! culture is a massive thing at the moment in companies and it seems Alcon is no different... Toxic...obviously... But don't just blame management for that culture... Guess what... You are driving that toxicity by writing on this site and not making a stand and voicing your opinion. There is always the next opportunity out their...throw a line in and see what happens.. You may be surprised!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here here... We'll said..it's all about choices!!