Revised Layoff Date in October and Latest News and Headlines: "THE Insider"

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Paul Revere, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Paul Revere

Paul Revere Guest

First my fellow reps,

please stop calling me on my cell phone and telling me what I write on CP, I am sick and tired of having to correct you with my facts, obsorvations and general ideas and concepts I am and have antispitated over the years.

With that said I am pleased to announce that the October layoff and merger of what is left is now set for the 5th, OCTOBER 2009 at 10:00 AM.

Thank you for your understanding and as always controll what you can controll, sell $1.6 Billion of Levaquin and Aciphex is a $1 Billion product also good luck with the UER generic law suit/patient challenge as well as Purdue and with that said all the best with your Nucyenta, no generic for that just a PDR full of CII generics.

I really will not be long now, enjoy the summer.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have a great track record of being RIGHT ON!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info. Is there any chance for some reps to be saved? Could you clarify what you mean about a merger. I am looking but it's slim pickings out there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha, of course there will be reps saved until they no longer need you. Contract sales will be taking over go get a job with them. No overhead, pensions, health benefits is the new credo.

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere Guest

As we say good bye to the first q 2009 there is some news comming shortly I have to share.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will any of us get rolled into the Ortho McNeil Cardiovascular sales force??

7. no no no

no no no Guest

You must be an RDB.

Let me xplane this two you. You see when a pharmaceutical company has no new products and is trying to motivate a salesforce to sell old and almost generic products and most inportantly just before and after a layoff Upper management always dangels the possibility of a new product just to keep your head in the game.

Oldest trick in the book.

Paul Revere

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok that didnt answer my question at all.. and no one has dangled any carrot and no I am not an RBD.... so you have no clue, so dont answer again please.... you just blew hot air in my opinion and wasted your useless energy.

Now back to the original question... I have heard that the OMC sales force is getting a great product and should be approved in the next few weeks.. they had a very positive review a few weeks back.. do you think some of us will get rolled into that sales force?? I hear it is a great place to work.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you will not, they will merge AI and Cardio together next year. Mark my words.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard it's a crap place to work...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK Paul, is the carrot NUCYNTA or something else?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who draws the short straw, OMI rep or OMCV rep when there are 2 reps competing for accounts in a merge?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be the OMCV rep. will stay in the territory. There would be no reason to put an OMI rep in there after the OMCV rep has been trained all this time on the drug to pull them out and then put an OMI rep in...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

****************The time is almost here, it is gunna be big.****************

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

blah, blah, blah, blah..... You guys say the same crap over & over & over again. Lay offs are coming, no they are not, Lay offs are coming, no they are not. Just get back to work. Make your 90K and go home at 3PM.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These words came from a yahoo article listed on the home page of cafepharma. It seems like the company is now announcing to the world there will be lay-offs before they tell us. There is no denying major cuts now.

Word of the change came in a letter from longtime J&J Chairman and Chief Executive Bill Weldon to employees last Friday.

"There was no announcement about Don's future role," Price said, so it's "premature to say" whether he will remain with Johnson & Johnson.

Price said there will be a series of other "organizational and management announcements in the near future."

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like Prez Obama would hold some accountability to the pharma industry that is putting thousands in the unemployment lines and federal money is being used to extend state unemployment benefits 26-52 weeks beyond. All the while, they are putting up "good faith" money in the billions to Obama Healthcare Reform for people on Medicare that cannot afford their meds in the donut hole. And on top of that, the big dogs running the companies are pulling in multi million dollar compensation. And then the Federal Government is pumping out billions of $$$ to aid the state unemployment benefits program that is failing with staggering 10 to 20% unemployed. Then look at the auto industry and what packages their former employees are getting. These employees are getting a choice of voluntary severance packages specific to their needs for re-entering the job market....college funded, childcare while they are in school, some getting 90% of their pay for a year, and some choosing a buy out package, health benefits. One would think that the pharma industry has as many or probably much more employees than the auto industry. Seems like the economic impact of all the downsizing of pharma reps(middle class wages) would garner some noise. I think the dfference is u-n-i-o-n vs. at will.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to the above poster. The reason we won't see these benefits extended to us is simple. How many pharma companies are filing bankruptcy?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, Paul R -- you're back. I appreciate the heads up RE: October layoff and merger of what is left is now set for the 5th, OCTOBER 2009 at 10:00 AM.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post. I think America has yet to see the ripple effect of all these unemployed reps. It will still be down the road and it will probably be big because it is tough to find a decent job paying this kind of money. That is why the recession will not end here for quite some time-- the middle class is a long way from spending money. The upper elites are causing a huge disaster to the nations economy, hope they sleep well with theor millions at night. Spend it well.