DM is heavy handed on the text messaging

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Anonymous, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM is blasting us daily with texting.

Problem is that I'm ON vacation & can't shut his text messaging OFF. I need my phone to talk with family & friends. I don't need to get daily updates, sometimes very early in the am or late in the pm... from DM while I'm OFF.

Problem with after hours text messages is that they are hard to shut OUT since I need my phone to stay ON since I help take care of an elderly family member who lives nearby.

What happened to Emailing us with updates that are not URGENT?

Anyone else having this experience?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's the new voice mail.. imagine what that would be like. manager has no life txt back wtf I'm on vacation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a serious HR issue. An management employee not permitting his or her team time off is a violation of many state and local laws (not to mention J&J standards). I would give a call to one of the many law frims that advertise on this site and see what your rights are in this regard. BTW - I would not go to HR as eventually that becomes the same thing as turning in your notice.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I COMPLETELY agree with the last part. Under no circumstances should you go to HR. You might as well show up at one of the "talent reviews" and volunteer for corrective action!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As much as I agree with you that these are annoying its not that big of a deal and you can just ignore them or delete them. Let me ask you this. Is that phone paid for by JNJ? You and I both know the aswer to that so stop complaining. If you want to have a business only phone and a personal phone go buy another one that YOU pay for and then you can turn off the work phone when you are on vacation and not get bothered by his texts.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JNJ did not pay for my phone. And JNJ pay a fraction of the monthly cost because I also have to pay for my dsl. Good try.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is all about the pay.
    Did you see this is today's news?
    Verizon Cracks Down On Jailbreak Tethering from the nickels-and-dimes-and-dollars-oh-my dept. (Wireless Networking)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Text messaging during non-business hours ( and in general) from DMs is questionable.
    Does anyone know if there is a policy on this? ( regardless of WHO is paying for phone- I DO pay for mine, not JNJ)
    Often I have found what comes over a text mssg is something a manager would not otherwise want on email or voicemail ( HCC questionable)
    Has anyone found JNJ guidelines on this topic??

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were one of my reps and had an attitude like this I would start the process of managing you out. I would hate to bother you with a mass text message to the district that you could ignore while you're on your vacation. What a joke you are. You are probably one of the ten to two reps. I hope your manager fires your ass.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, it sure is great to see the CREDO in action!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This attitude is exactly why reps are suing companies for overtime.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

overtime! hhahahha i literally just shit my pants from laughing so hard! before you can sue for overtime one must first hit 40 hours of work!

and dont give me this bs that jnj doesnt pay for your phone bill. my very good friend works for pricara and they confirmed jnj pays for everyones phone and also verizon discounts your bill because you work for jnj.

listen and listen good old timer (because that is who is complaining about getting texts, the older set) delete the messages if you are on vacation. its not that hard. good luck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems to me that if you are "shitting your pants", you are the one that is probably the "old timer"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My DM is so enamored with football that he thinks he's Brett Favre and texts us pictures of his junk!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JNJ doesn't pay for your cell phone bill if you don't submit it. Some of us use the dedicated funds for internet etc.
    You're missing the whole point, managers are abusing the cell phone texting ( and you want to fire a rep for that??!) While reps are on vacation, late at night and with messages that could clearly be sent over email ( but aren't because of what they say!) Again, go ahead, fire a performing rep for the managers indescretion- typical JNJ response.
    The question is: What is the policy on cell phone texting from managers?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. What is the jnj policy for appropriate texting to your district during off hours and vacation?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How f'in hard is it to read and delete a text message? Would you rather be on a conference caqll every other day talking about nothing? Stop whin ing you friggin baby and just ignore it until you are ready to do your job and read it, because we all know you work so hard and you need that vacation time and not be bothered by the ping you get from your DM's text messages. I'm sure the hundred other texts you get from your friends and family don't bother you though. Waaaahhhhhh!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are still missing the point (only someone in J&J management can be that dense so it looks like you have a great career in front of you).

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are on vacation .U earned it and u deserve! You should not be bothered with J n J's HAPPY HORSE SHIT... PERIOD END OF STORY!!!

This must be a comment from ass sucking kool aid drinkers or KEN BUTLER.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...or maybe it is sarcasm.