Somaxon interview

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, it is sad when a position like this is such a big deal for so many reps looking for work.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somaxon financial news out recently. $38 million loss. I would be surprised if they move forward with additional reps. This is probably a short-lived contract, esp given the mc status - or lack thereof. I hate to say it because people needs jobs.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong again!! Most of the expansion positions have already been filled.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well,they will soon be unemployed again!Count on it!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anyone thinks the expansion reps are going to turn this @,I got some swamp land in Florida I would like to talk with you about.The number of people you have selling it doesn't matter in this case because in this economy,the docs are not going to rx this expense "generic offspring"and even if some did,MC and the pharmacist(who by the way get monthly bonuses for pushing generics),won't let it happen.That is the fact in this current market for everyone!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for this NEW information. Where would we be without the deep insight from people like posting on cafe pharma. Perhaps this is why they hire sales people, pay them good salaries, give us brand new cars, expense accounts,etc. and the change to earn bonus dollars to change all of the above!!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right with the concept but in this case, with the step edits going on in MC with generic Ambien,how many patients are going to fail on it,and then go to Silenor instead of Lunesta(which has great MC coverage,and you don't),and want to pay the high co-pay,if they can get it at all.The only chance Silenor has(as evidenced by its recent $38 million loss) is OTC,and the time table on that has alreadt been agreed on with P&G.The clock is ticking!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think OTC is the way to go as well. They could still keep a small sales force to sell OTC, companies do it all the time. The P&G issue was just a big screw up on Somaxon's part. If they had gotten a big check from P&G yes, but without any money just a big mistake.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the fat lady s singinging on the next act. nothing anyone can do to change that

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem was that no other company came forward to co-market Silenor as rx because they knew what had happened to the sleep market since Ambien went generic.Somaxon was "begging" for a partner,and the only one that stepped foraward was P&G,and they did so on their terms with no upfront money.The only function for present slaes force is to "PR" Silenor to docs and staff so that when they take it otc,they can be aware of it and recommend it.Nothing more than that!