Interview?

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call from a friend within Shionogi that seems to love her job. She wanted me to apply for a recent opening in the east. Reading these comments, I am thinking it would be foolish. I cannot understand the differences in opinions between my friend and the posters here and certainly do not want to waste my time interviewing if, indeed, this is a sinking ship and that life as a rep is not worth living. Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask at the interview how many reps have left since January. Ask about Osphena goaling from launch until now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best career decision you will ever make. Welcome to the team.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, read ANY OTHER THREAD written for ANY OTHER COMPANY and find which company doesn't have "sinking ship" threads. You simply can't use CF as a credible source to decide. Why would you ever weigh THIS site, filled with bitter, impossible to please, people, against the input from a friend?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She really isn't your friend if she's telling you to come here, sugartits.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about bitter, impossible to please, delusional management?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I rest my case.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is your gut telling you. I got offered a position but decided to decline it. I do not regret the decision. They just laid people off and the med is not doing well. It doesnt seem like their is much of a pipeline. I just decided to get out of the pharma industry all together. The industry has changed so. I didnt want to be 40 pushing drugs.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the job. You can't get laid off in less than 4 months. You are safe for 2 years at least.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. I have worked for two different companies that have boards on CF. I know the limitations of CF. However, I found some truth in some of the posts made by reps of the companies that I worked for. That is why I asked about the job and the company. My friend was out of work for a while, having been a part of 2 massive pharma layoffs, so she is very happy to have the job with Shionogi. I have a job now but the company I work for is being sold. I might be ok but am not sure. I am concerned about making a move that I might regret. Thanks for all of the input.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you need a paycheck, take it. This place is in chaos. Every week we get our numbers, we can see who left a certain territory. I'd say 60 + reps and our top DM in Miami left. Everyone I know in my territory is interviewing. Good drug but won't take off (like they want it to) for another 3 to 4 years. That's an honest assessment.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is truth. I believe in Osphena but until it's been on the market 4 years the 52 week safety data is meaningless. Docs know it takes up to 5 years for cancer to show up