Lifescan - One Touch Verio launched

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2010 at 7:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With UBI's One Touch Verio now released in Europe prior to a US launch (510k approved), does anyone think that this will make a significant improvment to Lifescans fortunes?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No-products are the problem. Leadership and Ego are the problem!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I meant to say...product are NOT the problem...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Verio is the most accurate no code product in the marketplace, management will change, hopefully for the better, but it will change. In the meantime at least you have the advantage of market superior products to sell.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will Verio launch in the U.S.?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At Lifescan they don't think of themselves as egotistical jerks---they call it "SWAGGER" (rhymes with dagger they punch in your back when they are done with you)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the Verio and why is it so good? What makes it different from the Contour or Aviva? Is it coming to USA in 2010? didn't think there was a new LFS meter in 2010??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Verio is a completely new strip (not just a new version of Ultra) that uses new technology (including different enzyme, gold etc) to be the most accurate on the market. No other product uses this technology that I'm aware of. It's not affected by any interferences and the hematocrit range is bigger - 20-60%. Having seen this meter and the strips (and found them much easier to fill - no more fill errors!), and how accurate the data for them is, I'm impressed. It launched in the Netherlands in January, prior to a wider release in Europe and America in the future, probably after the manufacturing plant is moved to the main site in Scotland by next year. Be patient - it's well worth the wait!

I don't have any data to hand but when it's released more widely, I'm sure you'll be impressed too!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a me to product, Contour already has all of that.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With Lifescan's new management there will be big expectations

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Verio is not a me too product. It uses opposed electrodes and patented technology to measure the concentration of glucose exactly. It is the only sensor to do this. Other sensors estimate concentration via an average calibration factor, and cannot therefore allow for effects such as varying temperature, haematocrit etc. It is therefore the most accurate glucose sensor on the market. Also the nature of the product means that it can be manufactured very precisely so the precison (ie repeatability) is excellent. Other advantages, both electrochemical and biochemical, mean that it suffers from very little interference from substances such as oxygen, ascorbate or sugars such as galactose. Additionally it is factory calibrated, so there is no need to recalibrate each time you buy a new batch of strips. Also volume is very low and test time is 5 seconds, the(equivalent) shortest on the market.
    But you don't have to believe any of this. Simply try it yourself.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a freaking meter!!!!!! Quit acting like it is some sort of lab equipment. Its a piece of plastic that gives a "pretty" close result. Sorry, its just a joke when people talk like this about BGM's....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott is off of the United contract Jan 1. My dumbshit Roche rep and her worthless manager spilled the beans a while back. Having Roche in your territory is like having another Lifescan rep. Anyway, all those Abbott meters on United will be up for grabs.
    This should be easy pickings for us given how poor Roche performs in the market. Roche is considered pathetic follwers in my market. Let's hand Roche their own head on a platter!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA, loved comments about the Roche Rep. what area are you in? I can tell you my Roche Rep sucks too. Educators hate him. Roche is no longer a competitor in my area. But, they think they walk on water.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My rep is in Mass

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex-LifeScanner here: I worked there a long time ago and just dropped in to see what was happening. This kind of attitude was never part of the culture back then. What happened??

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex-LifeScanner here: I worked there a long time ago and just dropped in to see what was happening. This kind of attitude was never part of the culture back then. What happened??

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like Verio is still not going to stop the job cuts at the Inverness Plant

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or another round of cuts for the sales force