Missed the boat on SIP for Keytruda

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow did management swing and miss with SIP on the drug that's going to save the company! Lots of momentum stopped dead in it's tracks as far as sales force motivation.
    The MOST the top 10% can make is 110% of target. And it's ass kissing, not sales.
    Reps were busting ass until today when this was announced. Still going to be working hard, but no more 10 hour days that most were putting in this week.
    Way to blow it Merck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What SIP? There is NO incentive in this plan! What does Merck NOT GET? I've never seen a launch with 0 incentive. I don't care what the product line is!! Yes, Merck so missed this opportunity. If reps don't leave for better opportunities with "real" oncology companies they're not as smart as they think they are! Merck does not know oncology,or how to treat oncology reps. What a joke ! BMS is laughing, as they should be!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"They're not as smart as they think they are!"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? This plan is a joke! You want us all in? Think again.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This therapy will sell itself so why should Merck pay more bonus than it needs to? Kevin mind that Ken's business model is all about minimizing expenses. Incentives are an expense.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it sells itself, why require reps with previous oncology background to market the drug? In fact why have any rep at all promoting Keytruda?

:)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you expect a bonus? Interesting if the drug sells itself we don't need you. There are only a few Oncology reps in this company that are true sales people and pride themselves as the elite and inspired - the remainder of you clowns are whining fools! Remember this - if you don't achieve your assigned target - YOU will be IMMEDIATELY dismissed. We as a company will not now tolerate slouchers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck has never understood the value of a SIP program. I believe it is a greater signal of overall incompetence and/ or bureaucracy that exists in the company. Often the program is administratively a wreck, and provides little incentive to the sales force.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow you guys are thick! The reason the SIP is so low is because the indication is so narrow. Regulators would throw Merck straight into the penalty box for paying b I g bonuses on something that has so much inherent off label use.

Does anyone left understand the business climate we operate in? ANYONE?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly right. I was wondering how long it would take for someone (anyone) to get the right answer.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are also screwing us because everyone that was S1 was moved to S2. They have to make up the money somewhere. Great motivation technique!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got it! I am sick of comments about reps not impacting the business. Good reps get the job done. This mindset of products sell themselves plays right into Kenny's plan of minimalizing the perceived effects of a sales force so they can pay us less. The company makes billions of dollars from our efforts with customers, but we should be the ones getting screwed on compensation and told we have no impact. If we have no impact on sales, what about managers and VPs and our CEO? Might as well just get rid of everyone. Don't worry about marketing either. Just have a manufacturing plant and let the doctors take the time to figure out the drugs are available, try and pin down different clinical trials for the products, figure out coverage, and write more of our products than ever before. Ken should try that while our competition continues to have a valuable presence in front of customers. I wonder how that would turn out!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe all reps should have a decent base salary and NO incentive (minimize off-label exposure) and higher annual merit increases based on competency.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Competency in an incompetent company? Oh come on!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2nd and 3rd line therapy only and from phase I clinical trials....better get it while you can. BMS will kill us as soon as they can.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to get your ass straighten out. Get with the program or please leave we don't, need you complaining distraction.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth hurts. English you're second language?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont worry - the only reps that will sell the drug are the same ones that sold varinostat - the rest will only go through the motions and complain that those that do sell are given unfair advantage. Same shit all the time

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Screw the SIP. I don't care if I don't make a dime on this drug. I've never enjoyed my job so much in my life. Docs actually will see you and are excited to talk to you. Patients win, Merck wins,I win.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly right! Can any other business units say this? What's the physician interest in Zontivity or Ragitek? You know you have a blockbuster when docs want to hear more.