Most stupid thing you have done for a doctor?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bought him a rotisserie chicken....for his dog

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as the dog is part of the staff.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately....a reach around:(

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to a place that only has thumanns deli meat!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kiss their ass...

oh wait, I do that everyday.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Used personal vacation days to drive one of my top cardiogist's automobiles from Waterloo, IA to southern Florida. It was worth every day of vacation and my Mevacor sales skyrocketed. I led the region in Tonocard sales, too, albeit not a difficult task when that could be achieved by selling a shelf pack or less.

Absolutely love this thread - thanks to the OP!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Took a top internist and his nurse wife out to some 5-star French restaurants for educational programs. In return he made me the #1 star in Cozaar and Hyzaar in the region for the next few years.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tonocard was a dangerous drug. I stopped promoting it when I realized the pulmonary fibrosis and other really bad effects it had. Later it was pulled from the market.

I remember the tag line for Tonocard - mild and transient side effects. That certainly was not the case.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought I was being creative back in the day by doing something other than the typical "dine & dash". I spent a Saturday morning at a carwash/detail place and doctors were lined up in their fancy cars. That is so embarrassing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You take 1st prize!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #10 mentioned a typical "Dine and Dash" which prompted a memory of a stupid event. Our Pod had a "D& D" . We had several when they were all the rage but this time a Doc in a multiple Doc office put the invitation on a bulletin board in his office resulting in the staff members thinking they and their families were invited. They all came, children as well. My lasting memory of the evening is a husband of one of the staff members saying to me with his mouth full of steak, "No wonder drug prices are so high with you people doing things like this." At this point, my main concern was whether or not my/our expense reports would be approved for this outrageous event. They were. Nevertheless, I do not believe D & D's really increased prescriptions because nearly every company was doing them. They were fun to do though.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I referred to Tonocard as "Toxicard" and refused to promote it to the dismay of Willy Darnell

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The owner of my favorite specialty meat market asked me if I am interested in a "D&D" since several companies have done it. He said docs would arrive to pick up the most expensive cuts while getting educated. We were never as creative. One company rented an ice cream truck and drove around all the offices. "D&D" events were fun but I have to say that was the beginning of the end of us as professional sales people.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While the male reps did golfing, the female reps started doing spa days with female physicians. Until the creeper male physicians started coming to the spa days. The whole vibe of some of these events started feeling like scenes from Boardwalk Empire. The 1990s were the low point for this industry. Directors and managers promoted the escalation with a "do whatever it takes to get the business" attitude. The policies we have today are a result of this decadent culture. Remember that the next time you have a compliance observer at your MMF.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marriage was the best and smartest thing

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The car washes, Halloween pumpkin give away, xmas tree give aways, dine and dash, ice cream truck, wink wink nod nod-bring your girlfriend (not the wife) to dinner program, cigars, golf, fishing, doughnuts- lots of those, smoothies, coffee, bagels, no show lunches&dinners, you too can become a PAID speaker!, spa days, water park day! 2500 game tokens there! birthday cakes, cakes with your product name on them, bringing a speaker to a lunch, CME credit for god awful teleconferences, Fax Back questionnaire-showing my age there, buying their kids school promotional junk, asking for 1 millionth time what to do if they don't have Diet Pepsi?, more doughnuts......really one of the worst..Lemonade stand in parking lot of no see office..the #1 stupid thing? probably standing in a closet for 45 minutes or more looking down a hallway hoping that at least one of those guys at the other end come down here and sign my contraption so I can get the hell out of there and repeat process down the road.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Renting a bus with a full bar to go watch a game.
    Private sky box for a Rolling Stones concert.
    Parking lot BBQ.
    Making everyone a speaker. Helped many doctors put together their C.V.'s. Conducted sham educational programs with their medical assistants.
    Brought consultants (fat academic whores) to offices to pitch our products while watching them eat and eat.
    Mock detailing while paying each doctor money.
    Buying wines and gift certificates for doctors.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The most hiralous part of all of this: PEOPLE ARE STILL LINING UP FOR THESE JOBS!

I left a few years ago and make more money (medical equipment), and have less micromanagement...and the best part...no podmates or selling of products that do more harm than good.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctors came into an upscale men's clothier and picked out a tie. We really dumbed this industry down!