Eight Employees Per Boss

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales terminated managers to get to eight reps per boss. Finance and headquarters should do the same thing. Bean counters have one or two or less than eight per boss.

Fair is Fair.

2 + 2 does not equal 8.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers should have a minimum of 15 reps. I think there needs to be another round of manager layoffs if all this accomplished was giving each manager 8 reps

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, managers in pharmaceuticals are the most over rated do nothing job in American industry.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is headquarters bloated?

Headquarters has too many queens{}kings and not enough worker bees?

Total cost for executive director is half million? Instead worker bee is hundred?

Costs stock owners huge dollars? Billions in market cap? Or Hundreds of millions?

Does Board receive reports on functions with highest manager to worker ratio?

Is Finance highest manager to worker ratio?

Reduce forty million in annual headquarters expenses and stock goes up billion?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will have eight reps that I can harass out of the company - 90% of them are useless slackers and whiners. As I get them to leave I get a bonus - easy work.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am like you. In fact I am making my field trip schedule now and will spend a full week with each rep - see how many last the year

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finance full of fluff-ways and means too many employees

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Please, I am sure you are worth your weight. I have had 2 good CTLs out of 7 the past 11 years...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spoken by someone who has not had the experience of managing people. seriously, how many of you even work 6 hours a day, how many of you do what the company pays you to do? Whether you agree with it or not, its the job you have and if you don't like it, please do your manager a favor and leave. You will find that working for any other company in any other industry is much harder, you have so much freedom and autonomy here -- you don't even know it. If this is the only thing you have ever done, you have no clue about the "real" world so quit your bitching and do you job. Don't believe me? Work anywhere else for a year then come back here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like most asshole managers that are so full of themselves that they have NO concept of their people.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did. I laugh every time I think of my former CTL. His pot of gold with Merck at the end of his career will never equal to mine. He, like you, can continue to pretend to be useful and important while I count the real money in my accounts.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another manager without a conscience. Sick and sadistic.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Far from it - just alert to the facts and money talks useless reps don't

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is funny. They said all the "useless" reps are now gone after each wave of layoff starting 5 or 6 years ago. By now you should have the brightest and totally motivated, not slacker and whiner reps left.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't, know it as of now but come October they will bygones. I hope you are among those chosen!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company pays me to hit a goal. It doesn't matter if I work 10 hours or 5 my payout is the same and if you've been managing people long you would know that's all that matters....unless you're a micro manager who wants their reps in the field all day everyday but who as a rep cut out of the field at 2. Right? I thought so.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster 15 are you suggesting more layoffs for field sales in October hard to believe another one.
    Any evidence for more cuts sorry hard to believe more cuts in PC

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be on the West Coast.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No not on the left coast. But I surely enjoy my work. Actually you probably won't be here much longer so don't concern yourself with my location.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Little Hitler Wannabe... I took a lump sum and retired. Now I read silly postings by self-deluded guys like you while planning my next oversea vacation in November.