New Drugs Approved

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 10, 2014 at 7:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, to all of you haters out there calling Merck a sinking ship, what do you have to say about the new drugs approved by FDA, the sleeping pill, Belsorma and more importantly the anti-PD-1 cancer drug, Keytruda?

It's fun to bash the company, especially when you've been laid off, fired, let go, but the truth is, Roger Perlmutter knows what he's doing and to hate on a company that is now in the business of SAVING LIVES makes you simple-minded indeed.

It's not all about money and greed; this drug works and has shown efficacy in a disease (Melanoma) that has a dismal survival rate.

Haters - go find another company to bash.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll see who wins in court for patent infringement.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just because they filed doesn't mean they'll win. This will drag on forever in court and Merck sure has the money to fight back. FDA would not have approved if BMS had been first to market in US. Merck didn't steal the knowledge or technology from BMS - everyone's been working on the same thing for years and people share information when they leave one company for another. They will have their drug approved and should be satisfied with being second to market in US (and first in Japan)...other companies are working on PD-1, have they also stolen their knowledge from BMS - was there a leak at BMS or do they think Merck has corporate spies?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You certainly don't understand intellectual property and patents. Spies?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good news, all those revenues. When we get ourselves down 40K employees we will be just profitable enough to stay afloat and SAVE LIVES.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be careful, I think you might have taken too much Belsorma and your brain is not functioning.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As someone who worked on PD-1 even before the merger, I'm not a hater. I'm glad that PD-1 has finally come to market despite Merck's difficulty in delivering even "easy" products. (Think of the traumatic efforts to extend the 4-valent Gardasil to 9-valent.)

Instead, given the mess that MRL has become, the closures and firings, I worry that PD-1 will be the last innovative drug from Merck. Where are the people who worked on PD-1? Not at Merck, anymore.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As you are aware by now much of the bullshit and bitching on this website is by idiots that Merck go rid of or by someone working for another drug company just trying to knock down Merck because they can't find anything positive to say about their company on another website! For all our troubles I'd still rather be working for Merck than Novartis, AZ, BMS, Lilly or certainly Pfizer...Novartis and Pfizer have laid off 90% of their reps in the past six years..now there is something to bitch about! Many of these companies new drugs are just copies of other drugs from other companies...(yes Doris Me too)! How would you like to work for a piece of shit like Forest..they've never had anything new ever...me too factory, and the reps have to lie every day to sell even one pill! Forest has been slapped so many times by the FTC, FDA, NCAA & the NAACP that they pay out half of their profits in fines! Diovan in Japan and soon to be here too...sold for years with lies and bribes...CHF, kidney protection etc. and yes we got knocked down for Vioxx...ask your docs, 95% would give their left nut to have it back on the market (with a box warning)! As we know arthritis hurts! Be glad of what U have!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boring

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not that it even came from Merck in the first place. I think Merck has long since delivered its last innovative drug, Januvia, many years ago. And despite its commercial success, it really isn't a very effective drug at all. Innovative, yes. Effective, no.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wait and see what comes out in terms of PD-1 combos (both internally derived and in-licensed/partnered). Merck is positioned to win here, believe it. I won't comment on the particular patent other than to reiterate that it's invalid for painfully obvious reasons.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have the money to fight back? What, by laying off another 20,000. Right!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound knowledgeable, so you do know that (old) Merck was working on PD-1 since 2006, right? But yes, the specific molecular entity is derived from Organon/SP. I'm not trying to reignite the perpetual Merck/SP flame war again, just want to be clear.

Re: the patent, I was reluctant to comment when I was with Merck, even more so now that I'm at a competing pharma.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with that. I'm sure that no other pharma is considering immuno-oncology combinations. The literature is wide-open here, and we all read the same papers.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe we have 20,000 left at this point.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody else has a GITR agonist poised to go FIH. Let's start there. Merck has partnered on combos with external assets more aggressively than anybody else.

Admit it, Roger knows what the hell he's doing. And the OMT cuts weren't initiated by him.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roger is complete fool. Ran Amgen into the ground

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Puleaze! If anyone's running Amgen into the ground, it's Bankster Bob.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For you diabetes reps, a senior Rahway biologist tried to convince the diabetes research leaders (Nancy Thonrberry, Ann Weber and some loser with the last name of Rosetti) to work on SGLT2 blockers. He was laughed at. Since then three companies developed three of them and they are killing Januvia in sales and efficacy. No wonder the Rahway wiped out the biochemistry dept. Meanwhile that senior biologist is successfully consulting for diabetes groups at other companies.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not really killing anyone except themselves and their patients...new market share in the beginning does not mean long term success...cannot believe that doctors are so stupid as to give something with that many dangerous side effects and tiny efficacy! If those products were so great they would not have to manipulate all the studies to look good! Can't even give them to half the diabetics and the more you give the smaller the numbers get (once a uti or yeast infection always) and all those are candidates for Januvia! Be patient little one...Rezulin & murglitazar were world beaters as well! Sometimes avoiding something is better than rushing to judgement!