J. Martel?????

Discussion in 'TherRx' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone give me any information on this District Manager?????
    Easy to work with?
    Age?
    Likes/Dislikes?
    Managing style?
    Any other info would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Know it all bully
    35ish
    His way is the only way
    If a rep quit it was because of him
    Clueless
    No boundries
    Only cares about himself - will throw anyone under the bus
    Huge ego

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is telling of Ther-RX that they would have a district manager like this in the state of Florida which makes up a significant part of their Makena business. Martel is unfortunately the typical "metric manager" that does not have the underlying skills to be a "sales and business development manager". He hires people that he can dominate and make him feel better about himself. It does not take a crystal ball to see what the future holds here for his team. Check the box directives, uninspiring management tactics, the chokehold tightening as Martel becomes more desperate as sales numbers continue to plummet. Whoever he hires, don't get too excited-Martel liked you best because he believes you to be pliable.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, forgot to mention. He is one dumb ass.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on - desperate is a perfect description! It is sad because his predescessor was very well liked and he is running good people out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yikes! Thanks for the feedback......Sad to hear though...Do you think he'll be around for long?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The single biggest problem in this industry is incompetent middle management. Often these folks stay around forever, they are able to insulate themselves hiring people who they believe are "inferior" to them. When the occasional, brighter bulb comes along that pushes back they usually discover it is easier to leave than try to change or get around the Martels of the world. Many are just chased away. Other times managers like this will find their mirror image that they feel good enough about promoting without being threatened these instances are common enough that the life cycle of incompetency continues.
    So will Martel continue to be around? Who knows. If he had to go through an interview process he would surely disappoint on his lack of Florida market knowledge and vision for growth. It is surprising that a manager could have so little insight on key physicians in his market. When I use the phrase little insight-I mean he does not even know who some of the major players are in reproductive medicine in his backyard. He lacks any vision or creativity-he is all about what THer-RX can't do. "We don't have a lot of money, don't have speakers, don't have money for programs, blah, blah, blah...." Visionless. Sad. If you have positive drive-know what you are getting into with this and try to make the best of it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact of the matter is that you'll find a "Martel" in any pharma middle management. It's the nature of the business organization. Poster needs to decide if he/she has the ability to work under such incompetence without letting it frustrate you. If it's any consolation, it is my observation tha the "Martels" of the world don't last long if upper management is competent and doing their job of evaluating middle management. I just gotta believe that TherRx upper management is competent, or I will go crazy here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long has Martel been around at Ther-Rx? If his district is doing so poorly, why on earth wouldn't he want to hire someone that could really turn things around????? If he hires incompetent people, he ends up paying the consequences for it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He should fit right in with the other "know it all" manager in the Southeast....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crazy thing is this description (minus the 35ish) describes most of the managers for Ther-Rx both past and present. JA, ML,TE, JC (Cameron), and the list goes on. Past manager out of New York was the only manager out of Ther-Rx that never managed with fear and was not intimidated by talented reps. Best of all he taught you alot and made you better. Imagine that. A manager that actually makes reps better. What a novel idea. All the other yahoos past and present were terrible ego-maniacs.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth of There-RX management.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone please tell me what on earth is happening with the Miami territory position???? I keep getting the run around from HR. Is Ther-Rx going to fill this position or not?????? I'm starting to wonder if I'm making a mistake in considering working for Ther-Rx. Please, only helpful information. Thanks.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are just "starting" to wonder if you made a mistake? Look around...do you see competence in management? Do you see desperate co-workers and management? Surely you had an idea that TherRx was a hell-hole as you started working for them.... why you stayed is the real issue.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh????? I don't work for Ther-Rx. Can't you read?????

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

he quit....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe it - he thought he was king of the company. Where did he go?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the story?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually the biggest problem in the industry are shitty reps like you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are a lot of shitty managers here.