Buyout?

Discussion in 'Pharmacyclics' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2015 at 2:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw the stock price take a huge jump and read that Novartis and J&J might be buying us? Glad I own stock!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most likely it will be J & J…wouldn't make much sense for Novartis to pay a hefty premium for us and then have to give 1/2 the royalties of ibrutinib to J&J. J&J has the cash to make the deal happen and I see that happening more likely than any other company buying us.
    Similar to when Amgen bought Onyx and then made Onyx the hematology division of Amgen. J&J could easily make PCYC the hematology division of J&J.
    Good news is that PCYC stock will continue to rise and so will all of our options. Ibrutinib is an awesome drug with many more indications to come and any company would be lucky/happy to have it in their bag to promote. Overall, the culture is good at J&J too or even better than here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ibrutinib will have a hard time moving the jnj stock price.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know several people at work at JNJ in various pharma divisions -- I wouldn't characterize the culture as good.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't rule out Celgene as a potential buyer!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The culture is horrible at J&J especially at the companies they bought. We were bought several years ago and it really sucks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can keep their culture, hello AbbVie

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a current Abbvie rep, all I can extend is my condolences. It sounds like you have a fantastic product. If anyone can screw that up, it's us.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pray that YOUR R&D CONTINUES TO RUN THE SHOW!!!!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Abbvie, you just paid way too much....Bobby, congrats you are the best snake oil salesman in the world.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's upsetting that Abbvie won out. J&J is so much of a better company with great benefits, 401k with 75 cents on the dollar match, pension etc. J&J has the best Hem/Onc pipeline. I am so disappointed. Abbvie is a mess of a company...just ask any of their reps. Sad here!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are a mess. I'm worried about the tarnish to our reputation during assimilation being associated with their business practices.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've spoken with Abbvie reps and they are very happy with the work environment of their company, including benefits. On the other hand, the J&J reps that I know feel they are micromanaged and in a dead end job. Big pharma at its finest. Go back to your own board troll.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You most likely won't have to be worried about assimilation.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm worried and very concerned. I read their CEO lied about having multiple degrees when they have none. A physician friend of mine told me his Abbvie rep a grown man literally begged and groveled for him to prescribe their drug because there would be consequences for the rep if he didn't. He said the desperation in their reps makes him uncomfortable. I hope they don't team us with an AbbVie selling partner.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

abbvie's salaries, bonuses, etc are horrible. PCYC reps will end up leaving over time.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How will we be geniuses now? ELRON help us...oh the pain, the pain!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is our Board of Directors being investigated?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it was all over the financial news. We'll see if it goes anywhere