Lung/GI

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by Anonymous, Mar 5, 2015 at 4:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have never been a part of a franchise where so much back stabbing is going on with the pending changes. Disappointed in the leadership for allowing this to happen.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It all stems from Mr Cox, wouldn't you agree?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the people that are able to retire and staying because they don't have any other life thats the problem. It's really sad.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Primary Care 101!!!! Oncology with their big heads; fighting with each other to get into offices.
    No thanks!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh. Welcome to Genentech. It's been that way since the merger/layoffs. Too many people and not enough to do. 2-3 lunches a week if you are lucky. Best paying gig in pharma for amount of work-or lack thereof.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Part time job with full time pay. Drove by a cemetery today to make some calls. Managers that have no where to go. TC has destroyed this organization. I could not imagine Art Levinson running an organization like this. Of course Art had a brain, where with IC and TC it is a power play.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing remains the same in this industry, stop looking in the rear view mirror and be happy you have the job you have. This too will change, give it time

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing does remain the same however it is our leaderships responsibilities to help create a place that people want to work and thrive in a positive environment. I blame this on TB and his groupies.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leadership that pays managers to approve display fees for gift cards, show up for work three hours in an 11 month time frame and run division meetings laughing as an employee is degrading an Asian physician is a commercial organization that has the wheels falling off the proverbial cart. Yes, I know we should all be happy to have a job. A job in which we are providing gift cards? Really? Putting in fake calls to compete? Really? Maybe our ZS friends at the home office could place 12 reps in a territory? Quick question for our ZS friends, how is fake calls share of voice?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I assure you, we know 50% of calls are fake. Just don't be an outlier or you'll get flagged and gps from OTR will be checked against call entries.

-You have a free car
    -Your salary is well into 6 digits
    -Your target bonus is equal to corporate bonuses of scientists
    -Your payout curves and inflection points make no sense to you, but you end up making an average of 140% of your annual target bonus.

You only deliver value during launches but you remain employed thereafter.

And you complain that you can't access customers, which is your job.

I just beg you. Keep being ineffective. That's how I sell sales force effectiveness work.

- your ZS friend.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good points. Except the analogy. I'm not aware of a single IC plan for reps that's based on call entry. If there are such IC plans, they're broken. Paying for what one says one did (ie healthcare reimbursement) is different than paying a reward (incentive comp) for actual sales. The fact is, reps don't drive all those sales, but the calls they enter are desperate attempts to convey they take some part.

Subtle nuance. Not surprised you made that logical error though. One that discusses these topics 'in the clinic' probably lacks the intellect to discern reasoning gaps in analogies.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post. and make no mistake. If you're caught entering fake calls, you'll be fired. No wiggle room on that. To my fellow reps, it ain't worth it. Work hard. Enter calls compliantly. Educate physicians to ensure they have information they need to treat patients. With 25 years under my belt, I can say that this is not only the 'right' approach, it's the only approach.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Avastin leadership does need to be looked at. Not familiar with the entire nation but from what I see in our part of the country we have a an RSD who doesn't garner any respect from her DM's. She needs to clean house as there are glaring issues. Another nice show at NSM. Can the guy even sit up right after 8pm? He is in no position to rate, judge or critique others...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our RSD is the issue. He runs things by intimidation and fear. He also ruined the chance of us getting to decide if we are interested in going to PDL-1 or continuing to do what we are by trying to cherry pick his team. Now it is going to be done by a consulting group for legal reasons. Thanks JJ

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you really adding more reps for PDL-1?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The wheels on the bio onc bus have come off. Time to evacuate this bus wreck. Avastin going generic soon...get out while you can.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patent expires in 2019 dumbass.....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have the jobs in Des Moines and Minneapolis been filled? Like that ABBA song, I was hoping they would take a Chance on me. I was so looking forward to going out and buying a new Mercedes or Jaguar.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Des Moines: filled...another lucky soul able to work for MD...:)