its been 6 months since you could have left... How's it going?

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does everyone remember 6 months ago when the upper management douches at Cubist convinced/threatened you to stay at cubist? Remember??? There were a lotta empty promises to stay and bullshit threats if you wanted to leave. How's that decision sitting with you now? If you're being honest with yourself, you have to be discusted that you didn't leave earlier!! Before you say how much you made in stock, keep in mind, lots of people made money on the stock that never worked a day at cubist.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just spoke w/ a long-time biotech recruiter friend of mine. She is convinced that Medicine Co is preparing to dissolve its ID franchise. (She wasn't sure what they will do with their Orvancin drug...?) And there are a few other factors involved. Anyway, the ID market could once again be flooded with reps, which is not good news. But I'm not sure I even want to stay in ID.

That said, I am SOOOOO relieved I didn't entertain a Medicine Co offer, and my recruiter friend is telling me some horror stories! (Medicines isn't paying their reps. Wow! You thought it was bad over here!!!) :-0

But... I am little concerned about my future with current management beyond 2015. I will certainly continue with my dd and keep my options open.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean "not paying their reps"? Bonus? Base? BOTH!??? Do tell!

I will LMAO if it's any of the above!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow!! Now that's some solid credible info!! You heard from a recruiter??? Lol!!! Let me key you in on something jackass... Companies generally don't share confidential plans with recruiters. Does that really make sense???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe a rep or manager who recently quit told the recruiter? Or maybe it's made up?
    Personally, I don't care. CP is pure entertainment. It's better than People Magazine!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's completely made up... A rep or manager wouldn't know either.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They ran out of money which is probably why no rep payment if true
    Hadn't heard about layoffs but I know they had to borrow $300mil after there big product went generic So I suppose layoffs are possible.
    Doesn't matter. we won't hire them.

Who cares anyway. They are a fly on the wall at best. Like an ant on the ground. Sometimes you ️step over it. Sometimes you just smoosh it. Doesn't really change your day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they mean the drug is not selling so not getting paid for a formulary win or product sale that doesnt happen. some territories are at zero wins or sales. others are earning bonus but it is slow going for many. people living off the big salary they got when they joined. why are you concerned about people from another company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are a competitor, dipshit. Maybe that's why he or she was concerned.
    Ya think?

If morale is down at a competitive company, then that is a good thing. Right, Einstein?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moo

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually i dont think about the morale of the competition. I m not sure how you define them as competition. Again, why is this relevant?
    Einstein might tell you to worry about yourself and walk on your own two feet. He might also ask why has he been brought into this thread.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you squat to peepee?

Moo

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an old colleague at Medicines and I'm pretty sure most would prefer their setup, even if only half of it is true. Bigger Salaries, No Ride days, No call reporting of any sort = NO MICRO MANAGEMENT! In turn they are expected to sell and if you don't, you are out. No sales = no bonus, so I'm guessing that's what they meant. I'm kicking myself that I didn't go, because my hospitals are using their drug...

Far too many reps in this industry looking for the perfect job where they are left alone and never held accountable for results. Sorry, but that doesn't exist.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with most of your post, except NONE of the hospitals in our area are using it, I hear the pressure is on (as you mention), sometimes things fall into place, many times they never do no matter how hard you work. (also the litigation GS and others started did just what they wanted, make their company, and potential great hires hesitate)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your old colleague neglected to tell you that medicines ran out of money. Even those who sold last year still haven't been paid bonuses. Don't believe me? Ask him/her.

If I were you, I'd avoid that place. Cubist ain't that bad. At least our products are proven and we actually get paid what we are owed.

Yes, our field rides are a drag. But things could be worse...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard from him today and he said it's true and they were delayed... Doesn't sound too excited about it. In the end if the money comes, then it's probably not a huge deal, but slow pay tends to lead to no pay, in the future.

Crazy to do that because only the top people with solid relationships moved numbers last year.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it is no pay, that is sad. I know several people that work there and they are working hard and some are really scared. You are right though, the few moving product had very tight relationships (some even related) and systems already set up.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A friend of mine works for Herb Chambers Porsche and said RP was just in and bought a Porsche Carreras GT for cash.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys want the real scoop at the medco... Here it is... no BS

-salaries are better by 20-30%
    -no micro managing
    -no call reporting
    -sales is the main focus. not bs busy work
    -no excuses or hiding either... what you sell is on you
    -if you're not selling you either have a bad territory or you can't sell
    -upper mgmt listens to reps and implements good ideas. no bs
    -their bonus plan is structured to reward people that are selling.
    -pipeline is rich

you should have come when you could have...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Add to the list:
    They will promise you a bonus... and then not pay you.