Blockbuster drug afreeza

Discussion in 'MannKind' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2015 at 6:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once information about this drug gets to the masses they wont be able to keep up with the demand for it

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm one of the masses and I can't wait to see my doctor. I'm switching to Afrezza. Immediately.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember, "the masses are the asses"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those asses are getting the best insulin available in the world in Afrezza.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is this? an attempt to conduct PR on the cheap by way of CP?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it! Blockbuster drug? Oh my you've got a lot to learn Mannkind.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exubera made it 9 months, at least we have longevity bragging rights!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$1 a share and no one will buy this company. Still feeling good about Afrezza being a blockbuster?

9. p guerrero

p guerrero new user

Afrezza doesn't need to be a blockbuster. MNKD isn't paying 4000 reps to market it....try 60 to start and hopefully never more than 500.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Regardless, Mannkind has sunk so much money into this product to bring it to market, it needs to be a blockbuster. This isn't about rep salaries; it's about R&D and FDA approval costs.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know you guys as sales reps don't get many kudos, and I expect that being with Mannkind you get even more crap from all over given the bashers and haters that simply do not want to see this product succeed for obvious reasons. But as someone who sold a myriad of diabetes meds in the past as a field rep, but now out of the game, I wish you all the best of luck. I think once the word gets out about Afrezza, it will be unstoppable. I'm not diabetic, but when I was selling, I was doing so in urban areas and saw way too many people suffering because of various complications of diabetes, but a common denominator was compliance. Recently, I saw a news article that highlighted a restaurant that requested, with a sign in the window (wtf??) that diabetics injecting insulin to please do so in the bathroom so as to not upset other diners. This alone, this stigma against treating oneself in public, the fact that some people just hate needles, or the fact that you have to use one at all, as well as the multitude of side effects from all of the orals that seem to pop up on a daily basis (IMHO, they're trying to get a piece of this huge pie, damned the patient), should make, in time, Afrezza a literal no-brainer and a blockbuster product. Suffice it to say, I would NEVER go back to pharma sales. But if I did, it would be to sell this product, with passion, and disrupt the hell out of the status quo.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Diabetics don't comply with their therapy when they are taking pills either. And, there's no evidence at all that inhaling insulin will create greater compliance than injecting it. You might THINK it's true, but that doesn't mean it's actually true. Add in, this is human insulin, not analog insulin. A step backwards in efficacy & safety. There are too many reasons for this drug to fail.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol @ "a step backwards in efficacy and safety". Look, I get that you're probably shorting the stock. But please, come up with better reasons as to why you think it will fail. This isn't it, nor is your hypothesis around oral meds either.

Be that as it may, it's odd that people are are so secure in their bet that Mannkind will fail, seem to put in an exorbitant amount of time and effort saying so. I know that when I feel a drug won't make it and the stock is done, I simply move on. The daily and overwhelming presence of people posting their opinions/reasons as to why Mannkind is this or that, is literally, and I mean literally, what made me hold onto the stock when Sanofi pulled out. I've never seen this level of bashing, and given that Afrezza is a paradigm shift in how diabetics could be treated, and things that are disruptive take time to take hold, I'm betting they have a blockbuster on their hands.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are also many reasons for it to succeed. Find a product that drives down A1c like Afrezza does. In addition, significant reductions in hypoglycemia which combined with big swings in blood glucose values produce the awful long term health complications that cause patients to suffer immensely and insurance companies to spend vast sums of money on the patient often with very poor outcomes. You get enough patients on Afrezza using Dexcom sensors and the data will be irrefutable. It may not qualify for acceptable study data but the information doesn't lie. The next few months will be critical for Mannkind and the success of the organization would adversely impact many competitors in the healthcare industry.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The same is true for any mealtime insulin. Afrezza is no more safe or effective than anything else. You're grasping at straws here. If you're relying on data that wouldn't qualify for a study, you're in trouble.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the same is true for any mealtime insulin? really? whoever you are you just proved that you either a) don't know anything about Afrezza, or b) you do know, but you're short, therefore you're simply posting something negative to post something negative.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you claiming that Afrezza is the only insulin to lower A1c and have a low incidence of hypoglycemia? If that's your claim, you either a) don't know anything about the insulin market or b) don't know anything about the insulin market.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol good god, of course it's not the only insulin to lower A1c's and hypoglycemia. but to ignore the obvious benefits that Afrezza imparts given it's that CGM users are seeing with TIGHT A1c control as opposed to erratic control that you get with current therapies...the pk profile clearly demonstrates this as well as the obvious effect it would have on hypoglycemia, and it will be interesting to see if they will get the language around being ultra-fast in their PI. I get that people simply don't want the product to succeed, but to ignore the obvious just screams that you're either a) ignorant, or b)short

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK. Show me the study that backs your claims above. It's certainly not in the PI. There's a different PK profile, but it didn't result in better A1c or lower hypoglycemia (as a matter of fact, it looks like aspart performed a bit better in the basal/bolus H2H trial).

I know you want the product to succeed, but you have to be able to prove what you're claiming, and there's no evidence that you can. If you don't know that, you're either a) ignorant or b) ignorant.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol do your own DD. I never said the data was in the PI, but then that's how it works. you complete the study, take it to fda, if it pans out, they incl new claims in PI. I feel pretty good about what the data says about the product vs the status quo. You, apparently, do not.