Departing Medivation

Discussion in 'Medivation' started by Anonymous, Mar 18, 2015 at 2:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many people do you think will leave soon?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not happy? Do us all a favor. Leave!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even better. Let us pick the people that need to go.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would anyone leave this place? If anyone has worked anywhere else in this industry, they have to realize this is as good as it gets. Great drug, amazing founder/president, burgeoning disease state, good dough...etc.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having worked for another oncology pharma outfit that went through the exact same process a couple years ago (new drug approved, employee count went from 200 to 1100 in 3 years, constant rumors of being acquisition target), there are inherent problems with Medivation that are holding it back. It's pretty good, but certainly not as good as it gets, and I know for a fact that the dough isn't great (in the 2 departments I had direct experience with, as well as buddies that were made job offers).

Less pay, less benefits, a pitiful pool of shared vacation/sick leave (not industry standard), and issues with middle management and small company old-timers being promoted out of their experience and skill-set. HR and senior management are also trying to run the company far too lean and won't pay for talent in supporting functions (I'm not privy to what is happening in the Commercial department, maybe it's really good there).

It's not an awful company, it's not bad at all, but don't think it's as good as it gets.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dave Santos - gone

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did santos go?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was fired. Anyone would be crazy to hire him. He is the biggest demotivater and had destroyed the moral of every company he has joined. We hated him here. He should have been fired after his first managers meeting. They let him stay and he destroyed our culture for 15 months to long. Thank you DH for killing the little little little little little, tiny tiny tiny, little beast of a human.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He will never work again in Pharma.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are so many people leaving the organization?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"...I know for a fact that the dough isn't great ..."

I'll second that. Since I wasn't sure what level I'd be hired at, I made the mistake of applying with a lowball salary. They offered $3K over that....and WOULD NOT BUDGE; they felt that since they offered more, I should roll over and drool. If someone offered $3K over asking for your house, would you roll over and drool?