Gamunex vs. Gammagard opinions

Discussion in 'Talecris Biotherapeutics' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewing w/ Baxter to sell Gammagard. Appears that Gamunex has a pretty strong hold in the territory. Have heard that Gamunex and Gammagard are the leaders in IVIG. Wanted opinions on selling Gammagard vs. Gamunex. My Gamunex friend tells me that Baxter is not well regarded in the IVIG community. Any thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a patient I have only used Gamunex. The AAAAI makes a big deal about changing brands, it is not something we take lightly. Personally I think the only reason a patient would change is the rare occasion where they have a reaction . . . and Gamunex seems to have the best track record of adverse reaction or there are insurance or supply issues. (Gamunex is more expensive) It is also very low in IgA which seems to be a major cause of adverse reaction. Gamunex is one of the few products that is appropriate for patients with diabetes. It should also be approved for subq in the spring, the second product to be approved.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yoyu may be a patient, but im guessing you also work in Talecris marketing. who the fuck do you think you are kidding? stop trolling our cafepharma board and get back to getting the IM moving!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I really am just a patient . . and shareholder

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, IgA content is very, very important to many of us but I found that the lowest IgA content is the new Privijen. I looked up the info on the website and saw that it also is safer for diabetic patients because it doesnt have sucrose like my last drug did. I am going to ask my dr about it next month before I get too busy with Christmas.
    Has anyone tried it or been on it?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and there is a super low gammagard S/D product that is in very short supply

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

brought to you by your local CSL rep. Go back to your own board, your info isn't even accurate, Flebogamma DIF has lower IgA, but it's a 5%. 99% of pts tolerate all the IGIV's.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh come on . . as a patient there is a huge difference among IViG products. The AAAAI has even stated that all the product are not the same. Talecris has an ad that says they are the best tolerated - - it's backed by research.

Gammagard S/D has >2.2 ug/mL in a 5% solution and Flebogamma 5% has < 50 ug/mL (that's the specification value.) Gammaplex (the new produdt form Bio Products labs) has <4 mcg/mL the spec value is <10%

Here is a chart from the IDF, http://www.primaryimmune.org/patients_families/prod_safe/ivig_chart.pdf

Let's not try and scam each other.

I'm not a CSL rep, I'm a Gamunex patient

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the updated charts - flebo is the lowest when it comes to IgA. Stick with Gammunex or Flebo. Flebo has lower adverse events because its 5% vs 10%. But if you are in a hurry and want a 10% go to Gammunex until Flebo comes out in a 10%

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Grifols some how magically remove sorbitol from there product? As I have seen charts with Dsorbitol as a stabilizer. Plus discussing IgA content is laughable as most hospitals don't test for IgA sensitivity, all IVIG have IgA to some extent. Infusion nurse here and for the most part most of the products I have seen that work the best are the 10% Gammunex/Gammaked. Very odd market now because you can get Gammunex for less. This is confusing that Grifol's would buy Talecris and then not divest Flebogamma, now they have two products competing against each other, the only good news is you can get Gammaked for about the same price as Flebogamma.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gammaplex is the way to go, or carimune, flebo, privi, gammaked, octogam.... You all blow. Let the price wars begin.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorbitol, snorbitol. it's don't matter none to patients or docs. They write scripts for IVIG , not by brand name you idiots.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree it doesnt matter. I have interviewed with both companies. Both seem to think its about the clinical aspects of the products which make each one better then the other. ARE YOU SERIOUS! IVIG is IVIG with minor differences. Its about Price, Contract and Reimbursement. If you think any different then your stupid!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just wanted to say I went into IVIG very naive, not knowing the side effects or risks. I took Carimune monthly for 3 years then I got blood clots in my neck and lungs. I was told it was from the IVIG and to be sure and only use non-sucrose based IVIG in future. I am now on Coumadin indefinitely and much wiser now... Restarted IVIG recently with Gamunex.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a patient, and have no connection to either company.

I've been on IVIG for over 10 years. I used to have a lot of joint pain, and I started getting chills, at my previous hospital. This was on Gammagard. When I switched hospitals to a more convenient one, they switched me to Gammunex. I have not had the symptoms previously described since I switched (a couple of years ago). Today, I started having the symptoms again. I asked the nurse if my medication had changed, and she asked why, so I told her. She said yes. I asked her what I used to be on, and she said Gammunex. Today I received Gammagard. There is a difference, and I'm not the only person that is experiencing issues tolerating it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

honestly if you are a patient, I feel for you. That said, this is not the forum for you to spend time or energy. Please don't take offense if sales professionals do not engage on this board. As you can see in prior posts within this thread, it was a set up by someone looking for competitive messaging way back with it's original post some 5 plus years ago. Sad to say, there are so many out there paid to do research on competitors, there is a good chance this poster could be bait for response/rebuttal (messaging). Honestly, saying this as sensitively as possible. Please discuss adverse events with your HCP. All adverse events are carefully tracked by our companies medical affairs department. Not on an anonymous board. It discounts your story, sorry.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zzzzzzzz...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right. There is a difference. All manufacturing for any brand of IVIG differs.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a patient of subq then IVIG for 8 years, there is a HUGE difference in products. The difference is night and day on tolerability, side effects, allergic reactions.

If you aren't a patient with personal experience as the lab rat, you have no credibility at all.

Ingredients are ingredients and if they are different, they are different. Shut up with the shell shuffling and post some actual facts about the differences between products and it's actual usefulness for patients needing to make important life decisions. You all blow if this is your level of professionalism.

God help us all.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YES, THERE ARE MORE SIMILARITIES THEN THERE ARE DIFFERENCES. IF YOU CHANGE OVER TO ANOTHER PRODUCT WEAN OFF. AS AN RN, IT IS BEST TO HAVE SOME ON BOARD AND THEN SWITCH OVER TO NEW. WHERE YOU SEE ISSUES IS STOPPING THEN STARTING A NEW PRODUCT.