2015 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Q2 2015 big lay-off in Finance across Divisions.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't know Abbott competed with Burger King ! What you actually got, was a kick in the ass out the door for horrible performance, It shows ! BaHwaaaaaa Jackass!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

idiot

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would encourage all to grow and nourish your contact list. Additionally, enhance your skills to include the new technology. The world of finance is getting very small as many processes have or will be outsourced. Don't be afraid of these changes, dive in and make the magic like you've always done. Make a list of the jobs you want to try and where. By doing these things you will be prepared for opportunities, whether or not you have to look for work again. Lastly, those left behind will still be living with the cloud over their heads.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got laid off about a year ago and I am in contact with a some of the folks who are still at Abbott. It appears my group is 1/2 the size it once was and the moral is at a all time low.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My career, finances and my whole life improved after being laid-off a year ago. What else can you ask for.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

being told this week....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which division? How many?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FOS division, because the guy is Sooooo FOS !

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got fired not laid off and it was WAY longer than a year ago
    you fruitcake ADC troll Dunky Rules !

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It improved SO much Huh ? Sure it did pal, It improved so much you post on here all day every day HA HA Jk OFF, Nice Try Loser !

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor has it that another AV layoff could happen in April. Come on, just DO IT so we can be released from this once GREAT company; when it was Guidant, that is!! You laid off some of the best employees already, the new distribution company at Zevo has lost us some customers, CR crashed and burned on their latest audits, Japan refuses to buy product made in CR because of the bad quality and people are at each other's throats because of the stress. What are you waiting for?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, Guidant was not a great company which is why it was for sale in the first place. It was already in decline if you speak to legacy employees. In fact there are still Guidant management in key leadership positions.

Second, they (management) have run out of options. They cannot develop new products because the systems and procedures are too burdensome and expense. Everyone is risk adverse because that is what is promoted. Cost reduction will continue at the expense of product quality and customer service. Do not take it personal, its not about you,

Wait for your turn, take the package when its time and move on with your life.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finance people, update your resumes and get ready to hit the road for interviews. If you are 50 y/o and above, you have better severance package than those younger than you are.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True but it's much harder to find work. Abbott hit me back in late 2013 and I got a good package (7 months) but because I am over 50 it took about 6 months to find a decent job. Managers take one look and figure that you are too gray for the job. This is why one must save diligently.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lucky you found good work out there. The numbers for over 50 are terrible. In a recently released AARP study, 45% of the over 50 crowd are long term unemployed (more than 27 weeks); over 13% drop out of the labor force. Of those who get jobs, 48% take jobs that pay 10% or more less than what their previous job.

Age discrimination has all but disappeared as an issue of concern for HR departments today, and it's open season on anyone approaching, or over, age 50. Every lay off for the past few years at ABT has disproportionately targeted those aged in the late 40's and up.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. But with a Masters in a physical science it makes one a bit more employable. Took a small pay cut though. Abbott does pay well.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Q1 over. Confrence call in a few weeks. Entering the danger zone again.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey slug boy, Do you think you actually scare people on here ?
    You are laughed at on here ! Anybody posting during business hours who's not retired is a third rate disgruntled, fired ex A-BOT, and they aren't taken seriously at all! Now get your lazy ass out looking for work