Another big name leaves Ferring

Discussion in 'Ferring' started by Anonymous, Mar 23, 2015 at 7:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He launched Bravelle and Menopur? Really? No he didn't. OD did. And Bravelle was not successful until we started discounting it. Menopur was a no-brainer and was WA and KK's decision to bring it in. Both had enormous expectations built in, by the way.

He launched Euflexxa, you say? Hmmm. Not sure I agree with you. The agency did the strategy after a crappy brief from BG. WA directed the launch of Euflexxa through BG. BG was lost on how to price and position it, and could not think his way out of the corner when sales sucked at the beginning. It was Sales that pulled Euflexxa out of the toilet with SOV.

Thanks for the easy pickings. Got any others?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're only half an asshole. I'll credit you with having some sense of history albeit wrong, but since your an old timer you get some kudos. That said, you're still a r*****. To suggest BG hasn't created value means that you're a spiteful little person because it's clear that he has. And you've done nothing. Now go out and drop off your samples because you have no balls to do anything else with your life. Loser

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the best you can do? Oh, come on. You can do better than that. Tell me how I'm a r*****. Tell me where I was wrong and I'll take it all back.

How about trying again and naming a project, an in-licensing idea, a turnaround strategy, a compensation plan, or a motivating voice mail that the man has ever produced. Please. we want to hear it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've named the accomplishments. You're r***** namely because you can't read and drop samples off for a living. But your an asshole and pathetic loser because of rather saying something decent about a guy who worked hard for the company over 13 years, made some difficult decisions, did some great things (which, again, I have cited)... all you can do is tear him down as he leaves. you have no balls. end of discussion.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was too easy. You clearly did not come prepared to adequately defend your boy with facts and without resorting to calling the posters names.

Anyone else want to try defending BG as he leaves?

Let's just have an exorcism and move on.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love it! I don't care what the home office weenie thinks or says, we all know the success of the three products this jack wad mentioned were all sales pull thru successes! BG had nothing to do with that! In fact, he got in the way more than he helped. Period.....go ahead ...call me a r*****! Then pick up your shine box and HO the hell home beotch!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here are some of BG's accomplishments:

He created all of WA's powerpoint slides for board presentations and POA's because Wayne couldn't even turn on his computer.

He decided it was a great idea to hire Bruce Kardashian, I mean Jenner as the Euflexxa spokesman.

He played in the Ferring Band and decided to hire TRAIN to be the opening act for the Ferring band at a POA meeting. (True Story).

He helped make Bravelle the #1 prescribed FSH (oops I meant to say #3 out of 3).

He caddied Maccini's golf bags and drove the cart at POA's so PM could concentrate on generating sales of Euflexxa.

He convinced WA that combining the Ortho team and Urology team together was a great idea.

He came up with the idea to have the Ortho team co-promote Zipsor. http://www.ferring.com/en/media/press-releases/2010/zipsor/

Clearly BG made an unprecedented impact not only to Ferring but the world of pharma. His legacy shall be remembered for generations to come. The board at Ferring has commissioned a life size bronze statue to be created and placed in the entry at the NJ office. The 48 inch statue will impress all visitors. The Ferring chef has been creating a permanent menu item to honor BG. This menu item will be a giant burrito filled with nothing of substance on the inside.

Even today, every time I hear "Hey Soul Sister", I think fondly, not of Train's rendition, but the mostly off-tuned, amateur version performed by none other than BG and the Ferring band.

So anyone who questions BG and his value, I ask you what have you done???

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was powerful. I'm now convinced that he was not only Ferring's savior, but that he's a true pharma sage for all time.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok r*****

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You again? Thought you'd gone back into hiding after going down in flames trying to defend the indefensible.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nicely played!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BG is getting what he deserves

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zipsor... that was a very under rated gem in BG's list of "accomplishments". Someone had to dig deep in the archive for that one.

I want to discuss BG's supposed success. Let's first address Menopur/Repronex (hMG). There were unique market conditions that led to Repronex and Menopur's success. A little background. HMG is used by nearly all reproductive endocrinologists (RE's). Most RE's use FSH and hMG at about a 4:1 ratio (4 FSH to 1 of hMG.) The two market leaders Organon and Serono decided to stop producing hMG and focus on recombinant FSH. Why?

HMG was a biologic made by collecting the urine of post menopausal women. To get that much urine they drove trucks to convents to pick up the urine from nuns. It took an olympic size swimming pool of urine to make a batch. Product shortages were common. The collection process was not only tedious but expensive. Organon and Serono decided to concentrate on recombinant FSH because it was cheaper to produce and RE's used more vials in fertility cycles. It was a business decision based on the low margins involved in hMG.

So Ferring entered a market with a product that RE's used and had no competition- a monopoly of sorts. Ferring made lower margins, but was small enough to yield profits. Organon or Serono could have re-entered the hMG market at anytime. The fact that they didn't shows how unattractive it was from their stand point. They chose to invest in the higher margin FSH which was used 3-5 times more than hMG. Based on those conditions was BG a genius? It's easy to win a race when you are the only one entered.

The better test of competence would be to see how Ferring fared against Organon and Serono in a market they all competed in. That would be FSH. So how did BG fare with real competition? Bravelle was the least used FSH on the market- by a long shot.

So BG's big accomplishment was to have the number one product in a market with 1 product and have the number three product in a market with 3 products. Any "r*****" can do that.

Let's move to Euflexxa. BG's biggest success at Ferring was because he was WA's butt boy. The other poster was not joking when he wrote that BG did all of WA's slides. Technology was not one of WA's strength. BG also picked up WA's laundry, went over to WA's house to do chores, etc. WA promoted BG from a product manager to VP in a few short years and yes they even had band rehearsal together. WA pushed for really low annual goals for any product BG touched. If I recall correctly the first year forecast for Euflexxa was in the neighborhood of $10 Million. He had a field team of 70 to do that. What other launch product got that low of a goal with that many reps?

I think most people on Ortho would agree that the initial success of Euflexxa was driven by PM and his sales team.

So to the BG fan boy. You named Menopur/Bravelle and the Euflexxa launch as BG's BIG accomplishments. I've given my reason why those "accomplishments" were not what they seem. For arguments sake, let's give BG those accomplishments. By my watch the Euflexxa launch was 10 years ago. So what has he been doing in the last 10 years? I mean to defend him you chose things that occurred 10 years ago? That only seems to reinforce that fact that BG offers no value.

Please share something, anything more recent that BG can be proud of.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nicely done.

Come on, Defender Boy. It's your turn at bat.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the words of a famous sports news man....... "Whammy!"

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must really hate the guy. BG seemed like a decent guy to me.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He sucked, was surrounded by smarter people, and he knew it. That's what's ironic about his leaving. He's been nervous about being fired by AG for years.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok dude. But maybe you should find some love and stop the hate. You'll live longer. Just saying

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whether BG "seemed like a decent guy" is irrelevant. This isn't a discussion about who you want to have a beer with. This is a response to another poster who asserts that BG has accomplished "More than anyone has accomplished at Ferring and more than your small brain can grasp."

My dry cleaner also seems like a decent guy. I wouldn't want him making decisions on a hundred million dollar business. Decisions that not only affect the financial performance of the company, but impact the livelihood of many Ferring employees and their families.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, we got it! You don't like BG. Do you have anything else to say. Let it go dick bag