Another round of layoffs?

Discussion in 'Linvatec' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

scope and camera operation

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please elaborate, myself and many others are considering moving on. Most have resumes out and are actively searching other opportunities.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Join the club. You aren't the only ones with your resumes out there. Aren't a lot of openings available unless you are willing to move across the country.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel so sorry for the California people, good emplyees are leaving and being tossed out for what? CHEAP LABOR across the border.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know who you are speaking of. TS was and is top shelf. This is yet another example of Darling making emotional decisions rather than properly acknowledging an employees skills and value to the organization. Need I remind any of you that Joe Darling has very low value in the human talent that it takes to run a company?

Stay tuned in the next few months, and mark my words, several will leave this company for better or at least comparable positions somewhere else. In the last few weeks, I have heard form more past Linvatec colleagues than in the prior year. What is going on that is causing such an uptick in prospecting?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great move Linvatec, and thank you! There is a pretty good rep in my territory giving me a bit of a go at it competitively. If it is true manufacturing is going south, your competition is going to have a field day selling against your "made in Mexico" camera. Who was the brain child of this decision? Why is it every time I read a Linvatec post, something stupid has been decided in management. Is this all really a poor president issue? Sorry three questions and no real need to reply I come here for entertainment. Some of this stuff is hilarious. The Linvatec posts are sad because they seem to come from employees who STILL WORK THERE. That says a lot.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Folks,
    Face it, coming from a current employee, this organization is imploding. We had a good vision for years. I have been with the company for 6+years and i cannot wait to move on. In the video market, it is tough to stay in med device. S&N is not hiring and is hoping to get bought...they have been in rough shape longer than Linvatec. S&N had some US devlopement but has shut everything down. They haven't launched a domestic video camera in how long? Oly is overseas...and half chinese. I considered Stuttgart/Tutlingen but my ex roomate that contracts with KS just said that selling video to 3rd parties (arthrex) doesn't allow the same margins they are used to...cut back on r&d, HR, op's...but still maintain the same sales arm. They are in the same margin landslide that we were in 2 years ago. I'd be interested in the feedback from other KS folks? The only other option is Stryker but all they employees are ex athletes and if you don't 'drink the koolaid', you're an outcast. The ridiculous Gallup garbage is ubsurd. I guarantee I am twice the managing eng than exists at stryker...my counterpart at Linvatec just applied and was turned down by some 24yr old HR associate...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joke: Why do birds fly upside down over Mexico?
    Answer: Because there is nothing worth shitting on!!

Hey Linvatec!! Shut it down, stop production, and have Obama bail you out!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R+D and marketing for Endoscopy SBU will remain in Santa Barbara.. Production wil be in Florida and only some commodity products moving to Mexico.....

It is still the best HD camera in the market place, by far...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"It is still the best HD camera in the market place, by far..."

If this is true why are the sales so low compared to other companies?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because our bundling capabilities are poor. Look what Arthrex is doing to us... they don't even make their own camera and are wiping us out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know Dave Runyan? I believe that he works for Jim Perratore out of Saratoga NY.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great guy and a rock star! Can't believe he is still there!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rep of the year 2 years ago I believe. Over 5 million in sales if I remember correctly...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, I agree, Dave is an extremely great rep. A great rep can sell anything, even Linvatec. Too bad there are so few at Linvatec.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look out there are more coming.... Last one in Largo, turn out the lights

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they would just get the right one, JD, and bring someone in who actually has a clue and some integrity maybe things could turn around.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea as to when the next round is in Largo? Or is it the people in California?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem here is that an individual with integrity will not come to Linvatec. Researching and inquiring considering Linvatec they will turn away. Only the desperate unemployed who must have a job will come on board with game face and take the salary nod to JD and become a member of the complacent management team. There simply is no integrity in upper management at Linvatec. If there were, you would not see these many messages on the boards. No other company has postings like these.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're wrong, go check out Synthes.