Why Doesn't Amgen Provide Dividends to Stockholders?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2007 at 7:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all about GREED! Check out Barran's Magazine.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Barron's news is unavailable to me today, so maybe you can clue some of us in on what it says. My take on no Dividends is because it will displace money to the stockholders and take away from the CEO and VP's pay, bonuses, perks, etc. As long as there is no "check and balance" (CEO=Chairman of the Board), there will be NO;
    * dividends to the stockholders,
    * push for CEO to perform to his fullest capabilities,
    * true performance measurement for CEO and VP execuitives, and
    * equity in pay rises, bonuses, etc. to CEO and Executives.
    * check and balance for "major" business decisions.

The SEC should have a ruling for all companies, that the CEO cannot be the Chairman of the Board. The stockholders should have a unbias board looking out for their interest.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an Amgen Stockholder - Demand CEO Sharers Firing

Its now time for all Amgen stockholders to DEMAND that Amgen replace its senior management and fire CEO Sharer.

This group if inexperienced "hucksters" has ruined Amgen beyond belief.
    If things don't change COMPLETELY with-in Amgen, the company is basically finished.

Its EPO franchise hangs on by a thin thread, and Amgens' management should have been more pro-actively looking to expand its product base (like J&J) so the whole Aranesp and EPO "problems" wouldn't bring the company to the state it is now in.

DISGUSTING MANAGEMENT!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About the lack of a dividend (aside from executive greed):

Paying a dividend shows confidence in future business and profits.
    How can there be much faith in these?

If a dividend is retracted or cut, it is totally disastrous to the stock (i.e. Eastman Kodak). Although they don't seem to know much about the business they're in, it seems like they understand this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, I think KS and his ilk are using money that normally would be paid out as dividends, to do "stock buy-back" purchases. In other words, they use investor profits to prop up the stock price, which in turn, helps them hit goals to increase their MIP. It's all a scam and should be investigated. It's a lot like a ponzy scheme, but now the pyramid is saturated. The lies are unfolding and the deceit is starting to be exposed. I hope some of these guys end up in jail for the crap that's been uncovered the last few months.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We the stockholders MUST get organized and petition the Amgen Board of Directors that the current CEO Sharer (and his senior upper management) BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY! AMGEN NEEDS TO CLEAN OUT ITS UPPER MANAGEMENT!

No one should place any investment confidence in this Amgen UNTILL Amgen upper management has been replaced with a more responsible group of "ethical" management at Amgen!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Companies Stop Dividend Programs.

hey they listened

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know when the first divident check will be paid?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometime early August. The payment date will be announced at the 2nd 1/4 report in July.

The announcement has been made that 20% of net income will be declared as the dividend. Some are guessing around a dollar a share. Remember, that's a guess.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks...good thing I held on to the stock!