Sad to see people go!!

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Sep 19, 2007 at 11:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been at Amgen a long time and as I see us going through such a rough time I'm sad to see those I've known for a long time go. But as I think about what I really like about the company it's my peers I work with and the group that report into me. They are the true value of this company. So its even more difficult to go through this RIF when the executive management of this company just worries about how many $s they will get in their bonus. When will executive management take a hit!! I'm waiting....

To those of you who don't like sentimental posts... FUCK YOU!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The business logic for layoffs is inherently unsentimental. But when it hits home, it seems very appropriate to react sentimentally. It took a lot more than mere business logic to parlay a few ideas, some cash, and some suburban real estate into a biotech giant, treat diseases, and make a lot of money at the same time. Jobs are, and should be, more than an exchange of compensation for time. It's sad indeed to see people go.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Amgen will make it through but only in the long run will we know the full impact of this year's unfortunate events.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP:

Great post. They are going to lose so much. People who added so much to what the company was.

Don't apologize for the sentimentality. It is warranted.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hoping the terrific innovative contributors don't get riffed dittos.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sad as well, but we are operating in the system that needs some blood - namely Wall Street, that is whom we are all praying too. Amgen still makes close to $0.6-0.7M in revenues for every employee; do you know of any other company (other than banks and hedge funds that have the same financials? Probably, not). But we are slaves of Wall Street and at this point whether it is KS or some other BS, it does not really matter. You miss good old days, go check Amylin, they are hiring. May be a problem to sell the real estate in TO, but everything that goes up has to come down - in general.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all the posters on her. My blessings and best wishes to each and every one of you going through this. I have worked for two companies that have gone through this, one that even closed. The biggest lesson that I learned is the people really care about eachother. These times are very sad and what is worse is what it does to many of the people going through these tough times.

Stick together, be strong and most of all never blame yourself.... some day we will see a turn around where the greedy people affecting the thousands of peoples lifes will have their day. Got to love Corporate America.

Hmmmm.... "You and the Patient comes FIRST" those words sit strong in my head and I will never forget the CEO that stood in front of a group preaching this and what a great company "HE" runs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah sure all these people say remember the patient first and caring for their families. Well I would like to see if they say that if you take away their 6 figure salary plus and see then if they give a shit about the patients and their families.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But it will not be the same Amgen, unfortunately.d

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice words. Fully agree with the first post.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious, what makes you think you aren't on the chopping block? You sound like a phony to me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still think this pudwacker?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dear kind sir,

agreed.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

small minded big headed sales op LIFER