Let's unionize!!!

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not?

Airline attendants did it and it worked great! They have respect, pensions and can retire with dignity.

We can't say that!

We get no respect, we are fired before our pensions, and are treated like children all the way
    to retirement; if we are that lucky. However, we are the moneymakers for this company and investors! Let's talk about unionizing. In my opinion, it's our only chance to have some hope of having a career with this greedy, self-serving organization. Keep in mine, this scares the sh*t out of our management, and comments will be made to kill this discussion.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in, start it going.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in also! let's do this and send a message to this industry!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i"m in!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't be afraid. They are banking on you punking out! remember the 60's. you have the freedoms now because people took the chance then. don't punk out. unionize and demand the unproductive make restitution to the productive.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unions suck ass!!!! Its one of the major reasons why were are in the economical mess we are in.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you crazy, stupid or repulican? can't you see this system wants to make a slave out of you? don't give me, "if you don't like the company, quit and go somewhere else line". They are all working together to get employees to work cheap. Don't be a fu**ing idiot! If the airlines didn't unionize you would have blond-haired, blue eyed, braindead, bubble-butt flight attendants, sucking d**k, and serving drinks. hey, that's not bad is it? please disregard.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kiss ass punk! I need a rim slim.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah lets unionize like those fucking worthless teachers in central falls where 1/2 the kids dont even graduate but the teachers get a great salary! Unionize so what...you guys can fuck with bio tech, raise the cost of goods for the patents and then we are all screwed??? Fuck that, tree huggers....go back to smokin dope and thinking make love not war is the true answer...dumbasses

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken by someone who's probably never been in a union. I've been in a union and, I have to say, they suck. You think you're over-regulated and micro-managed now? Form a union and see what happens. Besides, unions started years ago because of low wages and poor working conditions. After 13 years in the industry I find it difficult to think that a messy fleet vehicle qualifies as poor working conditions. And the wages... well, I think we're all compensated pretty well for what we do. Trust me, unions are NOT the answer.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. There is a time and a place for unions and in my humble opinion I do not believe a union is the answer here.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

come on man!! You get no respect here, and you are treated like a bitch!

Offer us a solution, other than "work harder and smile" Look, this company is charging over $1,000 per vial for a product that cost them less than $2.00 to make. They are gouging the American public! They want cheap labor and you are it! How do you think this country became great, slave labor, braniac! I don't want to unionize either, but the conditions are forcing us to take action! I want good working conditions and I want be respected as a valued employee. No babysitting goddammit!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Compared to the rest of the world...you are being well respected dick head....offer you a solution? why, they can get some kid straight out of college to do your job and do it right for 1/2 the pay. Which in my opinion is exactly what is going to happen at ARI. They pumped in $5 million to URI a few yrs ago, now they are getting rid of the old school workers and replacing them with the new school who will be happy to start at $15 an hr instead of $19 or $20. Life isnt fair dick head get used to it!

Unions are for pussies

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you think there's animosity now between reps and managers? Try forming a union. It would truly become US against THEM (not to mention limiting your career advancement opportunities). You think creating a union would create more respect? No, it would only generate more paperwork and micro-management. If you have a problem with your manager or a performance review I think your chances are better with HR than an arbitration committee. So, how do they manage a remote sales force? Try reading a little about how UPS drivers are monitored. I know that's always the joke about Pharma being like UPS. The company can identify where each driver is, how fast he/she has driven, when the vehicle is stopped, and when the engine is started/stopped. Is THAT what you want? Is THAT what you call respect? Creating a union would be foolish.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometimes, drastic measures are necessary in order to be treated fairly. At least with a union, you have a shop steward to go to and complain, rather than the HR which is company owned and operated under company standards. I certainly do not like unions but they are not all bad.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm still amazed that you think your situation is "drastic". You really do need to get some perspective. You're the typical, over-paid pharma clown that gives this industry a bad name.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please re-read what I said, "drastic measures", NOT "drastic situation". There is a big difference. The "situation" has been ongoing and slowly disintegrating.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, you got me on that one. So, please explain your current "situation". What has evolved that would have you considering such an assenine move as creating a union? Are you no longer to drop your kids and pick them up from school without your manager asking why you're not in the field? Are you tired of standing in line with all of the other working stiffs to pick your dry cleaning after 5:00? I've been in this industry for more than 13 years and can't imagine what would be so miserable in your life that you would want to form a union. A bad manager? Sure. Don't throw it all away because you don't like your boss. But then, you'd probably be the first to complain when you find out how much you have to pay for union dues. Good luck on your quest for respect.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the situation is apparent by the posts herein, then a union would be something to consider. At least you would have bargaining power, not dictatorial behavior with summary power and no accountability.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rather than vote for a union, I would (and did) vote with my feet and leave Amgen. Our country is one of opportunity, even in this economy. Amgen is losing many talented, smart, honest, hardworking people (me excluded) who are realizing the pit it has become and that life is too short to work in a pit.