Who is the worst VP

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nominations welcome. HR, please keep this thread up and stop censoring this board. Please go do some real work FOR the employees who do the heavy lifting.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can HR take these threads down?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So many to choose from. Like over 178 VP's. How bout that piece of Euro Trash Fab Bonanni. What value does he bring other than useless overhead to a company with a pipeline that is struggling at best.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am wondering if you have anything more concrete or descriptive that clarifies why you think Fabrizio adds no value. What bad decisions has he made, what issues unresolved, demonstration of weak knowledge or lack of leadership, favoritism etc? Just stating things like this is not helpful. Give us something to chew on besides "useless overhead". His job is not to create pipeline so that comment doesn't matter. His job is to lead Operations. So how is he failing? Let's create a valid rating card and give feedback.

He's no Dennis Fenton that's for sure. Dennis was intelligent, kind, funny and fair. He knew the process, having worked a column or two in his time. I have presented to Dennis and he was quick to put me at ease, clearly engaged, didn't put on airs so I didn't need to deliver dog and pony shows. He did jab at me from time to time but was funny about it. He even said to me once he was surprised I didn't report him to HR (it was a joke and I took it as such).

Now Fabrizio on the other hand...you fill it in.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just ask both of them what happens if Cleaning validation is not completed to specs??????

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, fair enough, but that means most of Operations is ranked accordingly as well upon answering. And how about we ask everyone how to read the budget, what is Operations' budget, what is our LRP, our risk mitigation plan, the cost of a fully loaded FTE, the COGM (how about trying to calculate it hahaha), the yield improvement opportunities, what is hyperglycosylation, why does Amgen have roller bottle technology?

And while we are on cleaning validation, maybe everyone should have to answer the science behind cleaning agents. How do they work? Why isn't water good enough? What is the benefit of using an acid and a base in cleaning stainless steel equipment? What are some of the inherent flaws in sampling? And so forth. Again, I would wonder how many people could answer these questions. MAYBE someone in validation, but even then I suspect not.

My point being that each person in his/her role has specific expertise.

I think I get your point though- not many leaders in our company who have come up through the ranks and can lead from a holistic viewpoint so that every perspective matters from the CEO to the validation staff. This is what great companies are made of and it is rare. The Japanese call this Kaizen and I too wish we had it. Look up Kaizen on wikipedia. It's a decent run through of the concepts.

The success path at Amgen is to manage relationships and navigate very very astutely in the political arena. You must create an impression of credibility and give the leaders lots of room for their egos to be expressed, make them feel liked and reflect back that you are engaged with the aspect of their personalities they cherish within themselves. So you have to figure out what that is. Those who develop these skills advance.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It takes resources to do the “Right Thing” regardless of BS, nepotism, politics, semantics, arrogance, or plain stupidity to blame. Therefore, bottom line pushers don’t give a damn when greedy to create fraudulent market demand. Many have died prematurely because of greed; so much for serving patients. Just ask the FDA or EMEA? Ultimately, resources get approved by CEO who must also be held accountable. Simple minds foresee PRISON time for all decision makers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last post is right, CEO is responsible! The BHBU management is the worse! Not sure where the direction for this business unit is coming from but................................we are sinking and need help immediately!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did DW write that?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this apply?

The success path at Amgen is to manage relationships and navigate very very astutely in the political arena. You must create an impression of credibility and give the leaders lots of room for their egos to be expressed, make them feel liked and reflect back that you are engaged with the aspect of their personalities they cherish within themselves. So you have to figure out what that is. Those who develop these skills advance.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this apply to what?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So? People networking. It's the way life is. Thread is about offering an opinion about VPs. How does this connect to the dialogue? KGI has some Amgen current and past VPs on it's board of trustees. How does that further this thread?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beto Chavez

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So are you directing that to the commentor or the folks the comment is about? What do you have to say?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dr. E. and his pyramid of VPs whose first job in industry doing safety and regulatory is Amgen. Good for Drs V and G to start at the top and get on the job training at Amgen expense. We can't blame them because Dr. E tried to hire competent experienced VPs but his reputation is widely known and consistent within all pharma

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is kind silly. We all know who the worst VP is. It is Kevin or at leat it is Kevin by proxy. He picked this bunch...he manages this bunch...he allows this bunch to stay on payroll.

You may as well ask who the worst employee is at Amgen...but then again, you get the same answer.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely the BHBU VPs! They have no clue as to what they are doing. I guess they just thought that primary care docs would fall all over themselves to do so much extra paperwork, prior auths, exceptions, verifications and more instead of simply writing a script for a generic osteoporosis drug! This is the most panic stricken, paranoid, and reactive bunch of clowns I've ever worked for. I suppose that's what happens when you overestimate your value to shareholders and then can't produce!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No contest. CT!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My vote hands down!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Name please. Who is CT?