ACO layoffs?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What have you heard

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Monday 4/11, 20%. LakeCentre future is in question. D is leaving to avoid having to do the painful work.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is more to Dave Bengston's leaving (um, I mean "D"), I'm sure. Perhaps after 27 years, he is done dealing with day to day with corporate politics that don't allow him to run a site like he wants or treat people like knows he should. Afterall, at the end of the day, what is life about? Another "job" done for Amgen?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard the same rumor, next Monday, ~250 people gone.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Monday should be an interesting day then! There's lots of dead weight to cut, no doubt about that. Too many level 6 Sr Mgrs not doing a damn thing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think for some reason they like to get rid of people on Wednesday

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true company wide. Amgen deploys its resources in an ineffective manner.
    Scientist in the lab and medicine based sales in the field matter. Meeting rooms filled with salary produce little.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said , I'd like to shake your hand. :) In the board rooms to make life harder for the one's who do the work in the labs, go figure.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing happened! Hooray!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The rumor mill might not be precise, but it's often carries some truth.

Heads are being chopped TODAY.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heads have rolled. It's underway, sounds like 20%. Keeping folks on until June 30. Supply chain heavily hit. Good package 6mos + 2 weeks for every year of service.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. Sounds like about 100 people being cut loose today.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were told we are not the only site either.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're information is incorrect. 20 weeks plus 1 week for every year of service for lvls 1-6. They could have done better,

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This industry is under seige. Everyone hold on to your hats. It is going to be a rocky ride for sales, marketing, r & d. Everyone will be impacted. Not trying to be negative, just realistic. The DMAB failure, oncology flop etc, etc, etc.