If I haven't met my quota of 50 yet, will I go on a plan

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2011 at 5:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I still haven't sold my 50 syringes for Q1, do you think I will go on a plan? I realize the guys from CA are doing well-can we have a National Conference call and have these reps discuss what they are doing to surpass these set goals? It's great they are recieving awards but there a lot of us that can learn from them and want to hear what they are doing? Chris, we want to hear these success stories directly from the top reps! What are your plans to help us, we are asking, we want help!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got to be kiddin me . people are leaving this division, like shit house rats and you are worried about a plan? Dude I know loads of people who haven't sold 10 yet this qtr. and they are not on any forkin' plan.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did exceed my goal, and I just got my manager's May schedule. He is working with me 4 days. Isn't that a hostile work environment?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical micromgmt. BS nothing new , but driving your ass into the ground

5. Yes, you read the question right, I want to know if I'm going on a plan. My Manager keeps threatening me about the number of syringes I've sold. I know it's coming directly from our Sales Director-I can tell she is under major pressure-comes from the top down. You mentioned that people are leaving, where in the world are they going? Are they staying in the industry? Trust me, I'm looking each and everyday at every posting available but the dredded question always comes up, why would anyone want to leave Amgen? I can't take anymore of this micromanagement, it's making me sick. I want to hear how so many others are doing it. Again, what's wrong with a National Conference call or having a rep leave a message about what they are doing specifically! Help!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CA benefits from Kaiser Permanente

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those reps aren't any more "passionate" or skilled than the rest of us. Some reps just inherit great territories that, by their nature, just produce what many other territories are unable to. They work in one single zip code or one medical building for two hours and are lucky enough to have great formulary coverage. The rest of us have to kill ourselves to get just ONE syringe! Meanwhile we have to drive 400 miles to see 2 doctors! And yet the company gives us all the same ridiculous and impossible goals to meet which is simply demotivating and demoralizing. I am working less now and striving for a work-life balance until I find another job. Don't kill yourself like a rep in CA did, literally. Realize that the same territories will always be the only ones to win and the rest of us will just have to suck it up until we can escape this god- awful mess!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is- you must be a shitty rep or maybe he wants to drive you out of the company. You may have good numbers but you suck as a person leave!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I had a chance to ride with you. You still don't get it do you. The district can't stand you and as a manager I have to put up with your crying ALL the time. Yes this post is about you, collect your stuff and leave.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about working on large healthcare systems and setting up some injection networks instead of riding with people all the time? I have had four accounts tell me to never bring him in again. Make yourselves useful and get some injection networks, formulary issues resolved. My gosh!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you think california reps are doing better than other states?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Becuase they have such great managers, in fact all the others managers are going to start having the CA DM's ride with them.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mmmm....that sounds an awful lot like what I did when I was a rep, right before I got promoted to manager.
    Oh, you must be one of the monkeys from Pfizer or Merck who can only do what they are told to do, not think but follow orders.
    I hate to say it but I think you might have joined the wrong company. Most reps at Amgen can close a business deal, detail a product, and manage through a formulary process.
    My advice to you is to ask your manager for help, ask other BU reps what they are doing or have done, and look inward for a growth rather than looking for excuses.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true Koolaid drinker, get down boo..

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I may not agree with how the person said it, but what they said makes sense.
    It is a pretty tough sell and not everyone is cut out for it.
    If it were not for the fear of not being able to hire replacement reps, I am pretty sure more managers would let lower rank reps go.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blow me

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

California does well, not because of sales reps or managers, its because there is better access for them than other parts of the country. Its a fact!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Reps,
    Sorry that we had to pay you 8 quarters of on target salary for setting up relationships and figuring out which on of your doctors would use a new product.
    Sorry that we took you away from the job that you loved so much you came over to a new company even though the drug wasn't approved.
    Sorry that we give you a pretty good salary, decent benefits, not a bad car obviously its worse than your old company or you would not be complaining so much.
    Sorry that you are not mature enough to raise your concerns in a professorial manner to senior leadership.
    Sorry that you are handcuffed to the job, we force you to work here, and that you are stuck making at least 150K a year (salary+ benefits +car/phone/internet) while the economy is stuck in the toilet.
    It must be hard for you, making more than most of the MD/PA/NP that you call on, then coming home and feeling sorry for yourself.
    On behalf of all the other managers, we are sorry that things are so bad, we wish we could find a way for you to leave. Just keep doing what you are doing and make sure your attitude stays the same. I am sure it won't be long before one of us finds a way to help you leave.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A point by point rebuttal:

-Isn't that what companies do pay their reps to promote company and disease state at the time? did you take the money too, like a true ARMCHAIR jockey? And how about all the promises you and the other jockey's promised and didn't deliver?
    -Didn't you come over too Douche? I was happy where I was,until I was lied to, and mgmt. changes course every week, and offers prizes you can never meet. LOL
    its all about the money right? you did it! Do the Right thing right?
    -Every company does hell I wouldn't have come over if you didn't, you wouldn't have either.Benefits are actually not as good.
    -We raise our concerns weekly, to mgmt. but there is retaliation, and deaf ears as usual. yes it does happen and you know it does, so whats the use? Oh I know how about another field ride or some more Perf. 4 to get you through the day. GEEEEEZ
    -Not handcuffed , people are hauling azz everywhere if you haven't noticed, and will continue, every company offers the same shit you mentioed are you kiddin me,is that all you can come up with??
    -At least the NP, PA's can go home and forget about their day , we have to live with this shit, sometime through the weekend, and wait for the next genius to come up with a new plan , or have a brilliant ride along partner from the home office or other IMPORTANT individual come along, and tell us what we are doing wrong, all the way from TO. lmao
    -Don't be sorry you were stupid enough to take on this shit too. I hope you do help us, most everyone I talk to wants to haul ass.

Have a great MICRO mgmt. weekend.

-

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, at least you guys aren't bitter