60 Minutes

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just viewed the 60 Minutes segment on GSK. I have been with this company for over 30 years and I am deeply ashamed. I will be hanging my head tomorrow in sorrow because our former leadership was inept and dishonest.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depressing to watch. I remember being told how it was "just a few broken Paxil CR pills." Whether it was Garnier or Witty or whoever no one should be trusted.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

winton marsalis was good segment

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a new low. AvandaPax. New England is already getting hammered with access issues and PHARMA's reputation is horrible - now we are the poster-child for PHARMA bad bahavior. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the U.S. deals with what we've been going through for years. GSK = BP = British Pharmaceuticals (although it was the US Smith-Kline poison pill that did most damage).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally some transparency

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about McCubby or whatever his name is? Cheryl Eckard? Um, I don't know her. If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious. Not that she didn't come off a bit wacko herself with the waterworks. I cry in the morning, I cry at night. I cry all the way to the bank with my 96 million.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I watched the 60 min segment because my Mother (74)called me and gave me the heads up. I hate the media. The rediculous sensationalism of 60 minutes speaks to the older generation. The chick was crazy! cried morning and night, Why the F*(& didn't you quit!? Oh, because you knew there was money to be had. Although, I think it was that you couldn't find anything else. None of us know what this whole thing really looked like so how about showing a little more loyalty to the company you work for. You should know that things could have been done internally to get things turned around.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't overdose on the orange koolaid

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Non-GSKer here...
    I saw the 60 minutes interview. Ugh, it didn't look good. In fact its a poor reflection on the entire industry. These types of stories always are.

I feel bad for you guys going back in to offices tomorrow. More dirty looks from patients, more questions from customers. I feel your pain.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are, at best, an idiot. Are you really this naive???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always taking the high road....

12. 750 million shoes dropping...

"With our incomparable transparency, values and winning-practices, we will continue to grow share as we provide value to our physician/partners..."--Ðeluðré exCon·nellý

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was downsized, rightsized, let go , canned, but now i am glad I dont have to go in with my
    GSK nametag. What happened to this co. I think witty and his stooges are just as bad, cold technocrats. May they all get whats coming to them. by the way I got another job which pays better froma smaller co.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our *former* leadership was corrupt and dishonest. I hope you aren't implying that our current leadership is any better. If anything, it is worse.

Please tell me that as a long time GSK employee you haven't noticed management cutting corners left and right and flagrantly telling lies. If this kind of thing surprises you, you haven't been paying attention for a long time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You fucking dildo, face the facts - GSK doesn't give a shit about patients.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

with scum like andie-N'-deidie 'leading' this place, would you expect anything else but more catastrophe to come?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dope! She tried to get it done internally and they ignored it and then"downsized" her.She didn't do straight to the FDA with it.She tried,and the bafoons at the top ignored it!Speaks volumes about our leadership!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the bright red ears on GSK's corporate spokesman revealed the deceit in his answers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stunned Deer-in-Headlights Gaze...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree- that was some "tell"

If he was bluffing at a poker table- you could clean him out