why is ciprodex so expensive?

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2004 at 10:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because pharmaceutical companies and drug dealers share the same moral.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try to sue pharma in Canada. Controls in place.

I the USA, those controls do not exist.

That keeps costs down in Canada.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Generic Ceftin.

Liquid taste horrible, but it is very effective.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You answered you own question!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear All

Does any body has email id of Joe Jiminez. I want to expose a scam which is ongoing in Alcon India Pharma.

I dont trust BPO so I want his direct email id.
    Please help.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Got a good tip on this from a nurse practitioner at the Beach. She wrote me a script for Ciprofloxacin eye drops, and told me to also take Advil. She said to just ignore the directions for the "eye drops" and put five drops in my ear twice a day. This worked like a champ and cost $4.50 at Walmart. You're missing out on the "dex" in ciprodex, but I always have Advil on the shelf and it helps with the pain and inflammation.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It never seizes to amaze me how people in today's society are still complaining about the cost of branded pharmaceuticals. If it's not clear by now, let me simplify it: the cost difference you're paying for is a superior product that will heal faster and get everyone back on their merry way. In my world time is money. But for people like you who have the time rummage through walmart and get your drops and advil and save yourself $20-30 maybe you have a different perspective. How you could even compare a oral like advil to topical dex for "pain and inflammation" is beyond me..... i'd love to see the head to head study on that one. Enjoy your savings and your child complaining of pain for a few extra days while the rest of everyone else just uses the right product.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Seizes" to amaze me-LOL

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry grammar nazi "ceases" get a life...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Im an ENT doc and I spend tons of time trying to get people affordable ear drops. Often mixing steroid eye drops and antibiotic eye drops that are cheap. Ciprodex, generic ofloxacin, generic dermotic oil, and generic vosol HC are crazy priced. Even if you can make a case for Ciprodex recouping approval costs, how can you rationalize Alcon jacking up the price for VosolHC, which is vinegar water, hydrocortisone, and glycerin... up to over a hundred dollars for a teaspoon. It has been generic for over 25 years and it once cost $25 or less a bottle. Not any more. Generic peanut oil and steroid drops were $30 a bottle now they are $175. The drug reps tell you "oh, but they can use this coupon and get them with their insurance for x dollars" ... nonsense, someone is paying for that and I wont be a party to it if I can find cheap alternatives.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. Alcon doesnt make or market Vosol HC...

2. Why the hell would a real ENT spend time trolling pharma cafe...

12. Mike M

Mike M Guest

It is beyond expensive. In California, I just paid $230 for around 1/3 an ounce at CVS as my insurance did not cover it. The insurance company said to get neomycin for my ear infection instead, but I had already tried that and it did not work. My ear infection is now gone but I have half a tiny bottle left worth $115. Never had an ear infection before and probably won't so $115 worth of drops will just sit around and expire.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mabe ebay China if you include free shipping

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dear Anonymous, your condescending tone makes you sound stupid. The pharmaceutical companies are out of control. Just like big tobacco and fast food, your days are numbered.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not all pharmaceutical companies. Valeant definitely abused the system and it is catching up on them.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just paid 198.21 and my insurance covered 60.78. Tell me where you get yours filled please? Cuz whenever I get an ear infection it's the only stuff they prescribe. And yeah I am forced to buy this if I want to get better. I would love to be able to pay 139.00 Thank You

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I use a shot of Jack Daniels and all my ear infections are cleared. In fact two shots, and all my problems are solved. A buy a bottle for $20 at the liquor store around the corner.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because we like to make $$$.

End thread.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here's why it costs so much:
    Joe Jimenez CEO, Novartis-Total Compensation: $14.154 million.