Pharma Inside Sales

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2015 at 11:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know anything about pharma inside sales?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. They are HO, get bonuses and have goals. And the manager is a complete moron.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, that answers that question. I heard the manager had no sales experience and was extremely difficult to work for. Sounds like I'm better off staying in the field!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They aren't on campus they work downtown Fort Worth. I wanna know how much they make, same, a lot less? More???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would they make more? Its generally an entry level job, most of the team are brand new, fresh out of college or starting their first sales job and they sit on a phone all day long - attached to a headset - calling doctors offices and having meaningless conversations with some random tech, hoping they will gain approval to send in a bunch of marketing materials and some samples!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought the same and just met some of them and can say you are 100% wrong. They have been there for years. Not sure if they make more but I doubt it's significantly less.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They can't make much because they have NO field experience including the manager!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope they don't make that much less than you guys. That's getting near the poverty line.

And you're not special because you have "field sales experience." No one gives a shit, especially when it's at a pharma company :(

You can just be a lifer and maybe make almost 100K once. Nice work.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! How is this any different from what we do?! Other than driving all day and delivering Panera to offices every week for an f'ing Pazeo script.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a roommate at a meeting who was inside sales, the salary is in the 30s and they make some commission. And all are dying to get into the field but don't want to move from Dallas FTW. So if there's ever an opening everyone is begging for it

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so wrong. I have been here over 5 years and I am making double my salary in commission. You must suck. It is more than meaningless phone calls. We have to talk not just drop off food

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Inside sales is the worst. They over sample every account.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I do not sample I sell