Why no EEOC or Regulatory Concerns?

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2014 at 2:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Having been an actual rep for 3i, I can confirm that everything you hear about 3i is true. The pay sucks, the implants fail, and you are lucky if you don't get an STD at their meetings. Reps banging doctors, reps getting impregnated by doctors, married reps banging each other, and management bank-rolling doctors at strip clubs. HR does a great job of paying people off, but the rumors are true and the industry is well aware of what a shit show 3i is. Good luck 3i reps and management! You had your fun, took your Valtrex, and somewhere a tanning salon is very excited to hire a juiced up, overly tan, sex offender to clean the semen off their beds."

This is from a Biomet 3i post. As another former employee I am aware of everything on the list except the pregnancy. Managers and reps know how to expense lap dances. Everyone is aware. No secret. My question is why is Pharma very concerned about gifting to surgeons and appropriate behavior at meetings and downright paranoid about EEOC but med device is not? This isn't open to debate. I witnessed alot. Biomet's HR department pays witnesses to go away but retains the wild employees. Is Zimmer just as unconcerned?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever fun may or may not be happening at any subsidiary of biomet, the prevailing thought has always been that it's a more enjoyable and relaxed place to work than zimmer. Bottom line is that zimmer ceo = compliance attorney, so, the fun will be over. zimmer ceo placed his stake in the sand a long time ago in (at least thinking he was) setting the bar for industry behavior. of course, that's become somewhat of an industry joke now, as other companies figured out ways to deal with the government clampdown and still manage to conduct business in a reasonable fashion. much of zimmer's business prison is self imposed. it's a barrel of fun over on this side of town. and what's all that fun and games stuff have to do with "regulatory" anyway? totally different subject. my guess is that from an antitrust perspective some of each company's lines will have to be sold off.