Anti-Microbial Surface Treatment

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure, but one has to wonder if capitated pricing hasn't dealt a deathblow to many of these boutique technologies....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all about clinical proof. Whenever the article comes out that proves the treatment makes a difference...game changer! Problem is it may be the year 2020? By then the US health system has collapsed and can't pay for even a Rush Rod for a fracture

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RnD group in Austin was slashed quite a while back, including the phd guy heading that up. My understanding was that may have been defunded along with a bunch of other cool stuff.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The agreement was only for 18 months, and that was more than 18 months ago. They may have extended it, but the last comment is correct about the Biologic's team in TX losing the leader of that program. The other person leading it is in Hip Product Management. I wouldn't hold my breath for this product...hard to show value when antibiotic cement works well in knees, hard to get a regulatory claim (probably a long term clinical study), a surface treatment on a bearing surface (e.g. hip ball or distal knee condyle) will conflict with other design priorities. It will be difficult to upcharge a significant amount for this technology when the incidence rate of infection is 1-1.5% (albeit with great cost).