Zimmer Trauma

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, May 5, 2014 at 5:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former rep from Texas here. Ive been out of ortho for a few years now. What happened to the direct trauma sales force. They hired a bunch but most never made it to the field from training. So what happened? Are they all gone?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer Trauma is garbage

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. That is why Zimmer Corporate knowingly allows its Reps in SOCAL to sell Acumed. They gotta make a living somehow.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[Q.
    UOTE=Anonymous;5082734]Zimmer Trauma is garbage[/QUOTE]

Actually, Zimmer has a few products that are best in class like the NCB stuff. The Synthes reps in my area are crying at the loss of locking plate business to a lowly Zimmer rep like me. I make my mortgage every month on the TFN's that cut out like the old Jewett Nail with a ZMR and a short NCB PP with NO cables. Like taking candy from a baby

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit. If you have cut out, it's not the implant. Atleast the implant you mentioned in your post. This is why you work for Zimmer, clueless

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TFN is a piece of shit. Synthes put a rep behind every bush to suck up to surgeons and convince them their results are good when they really suck. I make a living on TFN's gone bad. As bad as Zimmer is we regularly take business from the market leaders. If the company invested a little more in trauma we could do major damage. Our contoured anatomical plates are are as good or better than any out there. Our management does suck though.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow dude, well put. I mean, wtf are you talking about? You must not make a very good living. I've never seen the ITST take market share from the TFN. I don't believe I ever will. Enjoy that stellar management.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Zimmer Trauma is already doing enough damage as it is.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey #6!
    I hear you. Just like those crazy Swiss and German orthopedists putting that limited contact surface on the bottom of the next to bone when it really belongs on top. Who cares is there was all kind of research to support it. The real purpose is to help bend the plate....
    Zimmer trauma <10% market share yesterday, today and forever. Never going to be successful coming from distributors getting paid crap to spend nights and weekends on call. Is it really that hard to understand??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"All kinds of research?" Thorough research like DLS-type research? Site your sources if you're going to make such an ignorant statement. You're a fool. Go charge for some more TFN opening reamers before they cut your pay next month. Maybe you have time for one last product exchange before your largest account serves you your subpoena as you pull up in your new J&J company car? Synthes is headed nowhere fast. Zimmer <10% market share forever? Educate yourself on what surgeons have helped to develop and expand Zimmer's portfolio and even you might start to see the big picture. Even a community-based shlub like yourself might quickly realize that Synthes market share is tumbling down Matterhorn quicker than Hansjorg's profit margins. Keep spouting off on anonymous message boards as much as you can because we both know how therapeutic it will be to vent as the long-lived Synthes cesspools you call SIMS carts continue to dry up.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical idiotic response. Always where we are going, never where we are. Apparently you are a new trauma smart ass. If you knew anything about trauma you would know I'm talking about John Diesgi's work at Harborview 1988-1992. How about the numerous article from Mueller and the Hospital for Special Surgery in Bern, Shock Trauma ring bell??
    I'm sorry. Am I going too fast?. Please write this down and get your fat ass wife to read this to you while you are waiting for your next trauma case. BTW Yes when GROW from 100 consultants making $300K-$400K TO 700 consultants you are going to get some idiots that sold the opening reamer and the DLS was put rushed in after the announcement of the merger. So we ended up with 1% of crap in our line instead of a whole product line of crap. I love these guys who hang an entire argument on a splinter instead of the whole ship. HJW doesn't need profit when he has $19 BILLION in the bank, fool. So let's talk about market share TODAY. NOT TRENDS or where you think you are headed. What is the market breakdown today? if you need help let me know. Check with the ONN. Now go back to the trailer park and shut up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't have a dog in the fight but this is what I have seen being in orthopedics a long time. Most surgeons move to a territory from residency trained on Synthes. Most Synthes reps have seen a lot of trauma cases and can be a resource for those surgeons in the OR. There are always exceptions to this but it is what you typically see. Large volume trauma surgeons typically use Synthes and don't need a rep other to make sure their sets are complete and on the shelf for them. You will also see surgeons who use Synthes for everything except for nails and possible one various plate that they don't like. If you are selling Stryker trauma you are selling your nails and leaning on surgeons with strong relationships on the joint side to try some of your plates. If you are selling Smith and Nephew you are doing the same. Smith and nephew does seen to have a better plate system than Stryker but I haven't seen anything to suggest it is better than Synthes and I almost never see the trauma rep. Zimmer has a decent nail system and a few NCB/periarticular plates that look good. I would think that in markets with a strong joint presence that they could leverage those relationships into some trauma business. The problem in market is they took trauma from the joint reps, hired two young reps with little experience who both left within a year. I haven't seen a Zimmer trauma rep since. I also think you will have a hard time converting accounts who own Synthes trauma carts and everyone techs and surgeons are comfortable with. Synthes is for guys taking trauma call what Arthrex is for guys doing sports cases. They are the safe bet for guys starting out and as they get more experience they will be more willing to try something else as they gain experience. Synthes nails do need an upgrade though.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You made some good points and all, but you didn't insult anybody or say anything negative, which is kind of a prerequisite for posting on cafepharma. That, and answering the nospam question correctly.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The words "Zimmer" and "Trauma" are mutually exclusive.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a chance moving forward with contraction of medical devices. Don't you guys understand there will only be 4 players in the or to address every need of hospital. Stryker and Depuy have a shot! Medtronic is buying S&N. You guys are on borrowed time!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget MDT just bought Covidien.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe everything this guy says. He obviously has a clear grasp on the industry and how it works. MDT just bought Covidien and now they are buying SNN? Next week they are buying Microsoft and Apple too.

It's all about consolidation!
    Fool.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hilarious!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the point that was attempted to be illustrated was contraction in response to changing healthcare landscape. This is a reality and Zimmer is a one trick pony with a an already limited portfolio.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a completely different conversation in 2015 after the merger is completed. ZNN, NCB, ALPS, Affixus, XtraFix, DVR, Phoenix, etc... That lineup will hold its own against anybody. Zimmer trauma isn't done acquiring either.