Salient Surgical Technologies

Discussion in 'Salient Surgical' started by Anonymous, Dec 30, 2008 at 5:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just a bovie system that drips saline. not much of a blood management tool. very costly. the surgeons using this have got to be getting paid to do so.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the response. The one trick pony aspect of this company is what really scares me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one trick pony sums it up however if you get an area with existing business it may be worth it. are you new to medical? what is your background. good luck

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am surprised not more people have responded to this post. I am not the OP, BUT I am interested in more info. I am new to med sales and feel this would be a great company to start with, even though they really only have one technology, I believe they have more products in the pipeline for '09.

I am going to be interviewing. I haven't heard any ranting so that's promising considering this forum is nothing but company bashing and reps attacking their competition. Any insight would be great.

foreshadowing: someone is going to post and tell me what a terrible move I'm making and that I am a douche sack for interviewing for this terrible, going nowhere company. SAVE IT please. Only constructive comments are necessary, dude.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What city are you interviewing in?

I have talked with recruiter and may interview with Salient

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any openings for this company in NC? If so what recruiter did you go with?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd prefer not to say which city, BUT a recruiter found my resume on MedReps.com.

what is your email address? I will send you some info.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can post resumes on medreps? When I was a member last year you couldn't do that. You would search through all the posts and apply individually - there wasn't a place to post a resume. Let me know. Thanks.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes you are correct, I mistyped. I believe he got it from Surgreps.com, where you can actually upload a resume.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salient is hiring in Virginia Beach, Boston and New Orleans. I am interested in New Orleans.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good people, great company. Growing like a vine. Definitely go for that interview!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any info from current or former reps? Looking for any insight into the corporate culture, product acceptance/sales strategy to doc's, comp plan (fair)?
    Any help is appreciated!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What kind of experience do you have? i can tell you if they will even consider your resume.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing in Virginia Beach with Salient Surgical as well. After speaking with some doctors, the universal opinion was that a bovie works and Salient's device is not needed. I've been in the O.R. for 3 years and those comments concern me. After doing some research, I've found that their products are not reimbursable under DRG or any other codes, and not covered on any GPO contracts.Purchasing agents in my territory keep telling me they are on a spending freeze until this economy rebounds and have been instructed by C-level to purchase only off GPOs. Have you considered Verathon medical, www.verathon.com. They manufacture patented devices that are standard of care and a medical necessity in the hospitals. Rob Wilder is the hiring manager and there are 2 positons open in New Orleans, Acute/O.R. and Private Practice. Average pay is 150-200K a year. My buddy has been with the for 4 years and loves the people, managers, and the fact that it is a private company that will go public soon with stock options doesn't hurt either. They have consistently had 35% plus growth in the last 3 years. Recruiters can sometimes inflate companies due to the competitiive nature of the business. Im on medreps as well, some jobs are legitimate, others are mad up to get resumes for their database. Hope this helps. What does your background entail?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salient's a turn and burn company. Be careful what company you choose. That's atleast a 2-3yr decision, you don't wanna screw it up and be job hopper.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with them 2 months ago. What a joke. This company thinks they've got the hemostasis sliver bullet and they're very sadly mistaken. Run far away.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work with Salient. I noticed you said you interviewed with Salient 2 months ago. Since you didn't move forward-you're the joke and don't have what it takes. It's not for middle of the packers trying to get out of a bad situation. The truth is Salient ran away from you. I can appreciate you crying about it, Get over it and move on.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also interviewed with Salient several months ago. I approached the interview very prepared, as I have been with a reputable company for a long time and am not interested in a short-term move. The hiring manager had been with the company for only 2 years, less than 1 as a rep. I asked very basic questions that the mgr. should have known, including questions about the company. When I brought up the history of Salient (and its former name), he had no idea what I was talking about. The questions I asked him were questions I had already researched and had answers to, but wanted to hear his position. I withdrew my name from the process. I think a young, naive, inexperienced rep would be the best candidate because they could shine with enthusiasm but be too inexperienced to ask the right questions. Good luck!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know about the Denver Market? Just approached by a recruiter... For the Salient Reps - whats the comp plan look like? Paid on dollar 1 or after growth/quota achieved?