Opportunity

Discussion in 'Natus Medical' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2014 at 4:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are many opportunities with Natus Medical but are they authentic?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure what you mean by Authentic, but its a pretty decent job depending on your territory and division.

Natus is separated under 2 business units: Neurology and New Born Care.

Neurology would be the more desirable of the 2 divisions, and then there are 2 different jobs under the Neurology group.
    1. Responsible for EEG sales in Hospital and Sleep Sales
    2. EMG and EEG Private Practice

The EEG to Hospital and Sleep job is better with an at plan number of about 180K. The quota is high, and difficult to reach, and management is finding clever ways to take money out of your pocket, but its still a good job. Your competition is sparse as Natus has bought most of them.

The guarantee for a capital job is laughable ($2,500 for 1st 3 months) so find out whats in the pipeline and make sure you have some money to survive on for the 1st 6-8 months. Do as much research as possible for the territory. Pretty easy to call up and talk to the Mgrs or Techs at the biggest Hospitals in your area.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd take the EMG job all day vs the EEG/Sleep job. Sure, lower at plan number, but you are literally the only player in the market, and just take calls all day from people asking for quotes.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot of my answer would depend on the region. Steer clear of the West.. Manager there is a jerk.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm a NICU RN with 15 years experience but ready for a change. Burned out on clinical care. Any insight into an inside sales position at NATUS in their Seattle office? Cold calling and sales support sounds OK, but I wouldn't want to do it for more than a few years. Hoping that this gig leads to advancement within NATUS sales or marketing. Any insight is appreciated.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's no Seattle "Office". Corporate where Customer Service is located is in Middleton, WI. Thats the only place with inside sales people who handle the EEG, EMG, IOM, and Sleep supplies. Everything else is field sales people.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Upper management has gotten drunk off their success and set 90% of the sales force up for failure. 30% increase to quota after a 20% increase last year? SURE!! Lowering % payouts to basically nothing? YOU GOT IT!!

Remember to turn out the lights when all of the reps leave.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Saw a recent job posting on Natus Neurology -- not sure if it is the large capital / hospital position or the office sales position. Territory is all of Southern California. Does anybody have insight to the state of the territory, manager, etc? Posting said $220K at plan...sound feasible? The last post I saw mentioned sharp quota increase in Feb/2017.

Thanks for any all feedback.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell me more about the Newborn Business Units. Its products, ability to sell, competitive and culture of the division. Thanks

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Natus on FDA hold for over a year - lost huge market share and kicked off GPO contracts. Failed to bring an incubator to US market. Basically your selling newborn hearing screening and some ancillary technologies.

If they fess up to all of this during interview process you might want to pursue. What part of country?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking to apply for a district manager position. Any guidance on what the starting salary is?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are referring to The Newborn Care Division I would steer clear. Every rep travels nonstop and it’s a stepping stone job. The reps are fed up with the terrible culture and even worse management. This division is the worst in the company and might not be around in the years to come. Every new launch they have is a huge failure and sales have been declining for several years. Stay away.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Natus should be avoided. The Pediatrics division is nothing but product recalls, weak products, micromanagement, and a phony comp plan. Many of the new reps left very quickly because they saw was Natus Peds is really like. Look elsewhere with a more stable company. This company does not develop products so you are at the whim of whatever old technology the CEO can get on the cheap. Everything is at least a decade old and they were flops.