Reps leaving

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by Anonymous, Jan 20, 2015 at 8:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone think that the change in culture and the general unrest is going to lead to more reps looking elsewhere. It seems that the unknown is causing more and more concern. Maybe this is still the best place to be. Perhaps we will have some better idea after national meetings.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"more reps looking elsewhere"....I think MOST reps are looking elsewhere. I can not think of one person that is happy, but I don't see the grass as greener anywhere else. Its not a fun time to be at Synthes, but at least we are fortunate to have a job that is still paying well - well, today, at least.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The grass is greener everywhere!!!!! look around, other companies actually support you! The days of everyone being a one man island are over, sending stupid emails around the country begging for sets, graphic case, etc. The evals system made no sense. Read the list, how many cases get turned down because the set has been in the field for months. This system was never funded with sets the way it should have been. The business model of filling graphic cases with sims orders changed a long time ago, but Synthes never saw it coming. Now they think they can just C-suite sell but they are losing every negotiation. They ruined the credibility in many accounts. The ship is sinking....you should be looking for land, not just green grass.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be a mass exodus of talent at DePuy Synthes this year and it won't be limited to the sales organization. The exodus will be seen at all levels and in all functional areas as people realize the organization lacks the appropriate leadership to drive future growth. And the bleeding of talent is not limited to DePuy Synthes, but will be felt in all companies across J&J.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said! If I was a manger I would be looking hard. Unfortunately the ones that I am referring to should have been gone a long time ago.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tim Tz left to go to Stryker a month ago. Anyone heard how he's doing over there?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone ever here of Aldo Faga?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is other gigs out there that are better. Synthes has always been a cheap company and they have nickel and dimed their sales people to death. There are classier companies to work for. Johnson and Johnson doesn't have a clue (which is obvious) how a medical device company is supposed to work perhaps because there are too many people in management positions that never sold medical devices. Time to go. Hoping to get word on my next opp this week.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The color of the grass is pretty much the same everywhere isn't it?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not just sales reps that are leaving. There are people leaving at all levels including some of the best people in mid to upper managent. VP's and Sr. level Directors that have a lot more information regarding the financials and future forecast/outlook for DePuy Synthes are jumping ship for better opportunities outside of J&J. When you see this happening, you know you are with a company that's on a downward spiral. Anyone with marketable skills leaves first and it's the losers who know they can't get a comparable job elsewhere that stay. Then you end up with a bunch of "c" players that further contributes to the demise of a company. If you are a bright and talented person with marketable skills, jump ship down or stay and watch it sink.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said and so very true. This organization is truly doomed in the coming years. Just watch to see the mass exodus once bonuses are paid.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tim carried the entire NYC market for Synthes. By leaving, he delivered a major blow to any chance of a leadership position in the NYC market for Synthes. He will deliver consistent double-digit growth for Stryker and put the dagger in his previous comrades.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things could be worse, you could be working for Zimmer or Biomet with the two sales organizations about to merge, with the hammer dropping across the country. At least this merger is nearing maturity. Just sayin'

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This merger is far from maturing pal. More org structure changes and layoffs are soon to be announced.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, he used to be the RM for Synthes Spine in Upstate NY, but left the company years ago. Think he went to Covidien as a manager.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, he used to be the RM for Synthes Spine in Upstate NY, but left the company years ago. Think he went to Covidien as a manager.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He works for Zoll LifeVest as an RM

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more cuts last night to the Franchise Account Management team. Sure is a morale booster when you enact significant cuts to a division that was recently touted for doing great things as we are ONE Synthes.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Six months ago FAM was the glory group. Frankly, I thought it was a bad idea, but maybe that's my ignorance. Now they're getting cut ? If that's true it wouldn't surprise me, my understanding is that's pretty typical for J&J.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The FAM group is useless. They are of zero value. Any elimination of their group is a closer step towards progression.