FBI Update

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have intelligent information regarding the PPS FBI Investigation? Is it closed? What was the final judgment?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who knows? I am sure if the investigation was over and that no wrong doing was discovered, PPS would have had their sales tramps spewing the news all over their territories. The fact that they have not been doing this would indicate to a wise person that the investigation is still uncovering all the misdeeds PPS committed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have also been curious about this but i dont think anything has happened yet

not that the feds would be able to take anything away...the place is a debt filled dumpster
    all that would happen is job loss for real ppl

interesting to see what the final outcome will be

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering how quickly Scooter Store and others went down after FBI visits, it doesn't seem like they have anything really on PPS. I mean, it's been over 3 years at this point.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I'd be surprised if the case is still open at this point...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this still an open investigation?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm hearing from sources that the extent of the failed documents was at such a high level that the fed has expanded the investigation to include all current and former pps locations, sales representatives, former mid level managers, the current and former executive teams. Another item was a marketing gimmick telling large referral sources that they were performing a study about o2 saturation levels on conserving devices that requested the referral to order o2 with pps and there was no charge for the study or to the patient and they went ahead and billed. So the investigation is ongoing and will take more time than the ordinary investigations usually do.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ahh yes "sources". This is the same kind of journalism we see with the 24 hour news cycle. In the morning someone expresses an opinion, and by the evening news it is widely reported as "sources say".

Name your source, if you have one. Otherwise this is just pointless speculation. if the fail was so high, why did we recently pass several external audits with a near-zero error rate?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sources would be individuals involved in a ongoing investigation. A investigation that is not closed has many people from many agencies still sifting through the evidence that my sources say has not been returned to pps nor as pps been cleared yet. Congrats. getting through a recent private audit. Had you been adhering to the rules back when the skipper was riding his bike, wearing his bike shorts to work and fraudulently billing the federal government you would not still be under a massive investigation.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too worked at PPS years ago and never thought I would defend them but your post has inspired me to do exactly that. While I was at PPS I did not see the widespread fraud you reference. I was aware of individuals who did not follow the rules and each of them was dealt with accordingly. The fact the investigation started nearly 4 years ago (Feb 28 is the anniversary) and there has been no public announcement would lead a reasonable person to determine this is not that big of an issue. Would the government really let such a corrupt place continue to bill Medicare this long? Would they not shut the company down?
    I hear the company continues to operate in the red and question how long it can survive, but to makes up rumors like you are doing demonstrates a lack of moral compass. Let it rest. Go do something for yourself and quit worrying about this company, let alone how someone used to get to work. I hope that you can, your life will be better for it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the investigation was over it would in fact be announced by the fed and pps. The fact that as you have stated it has not been announced by either party should make this obvious to you that it is real. Regarding your question about how can they still be billing the government? PPS has not been convicted of any wrong doing only accused to the point of a investigation. Cutbacks in F.B.I. staffing, a multitude of locations, witnesses, referral sources, secondary insurances, etc all take time to catch up with. Additionally, what would happen to the beneficiaries if PPS was shut down? They would not have access to a provider. No company would want them because they may not qualify and might even be capped out so the fed could be liable for shutting them down. I assure you there is a lot there that needs to be studied. The best thing for PPS would to have been to never gotten involved with unethical practices or sales techniques, learned the rules and regulations for billing Medicare, and having a quality management team that was not sales only driven.