This is one batshit crazy company.

Discussion in 'The Medicines Company' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell something and the calls will stop. Pretty simple, really.

Maybe it would be good if you actually had some of those relationships you lied about in your interview.

You went to a real job here, no more big pharma BS where you talk about business but never actually have any.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! As already mentioned, these conference calls are a very effective form of punishment.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Not too many people complaining"? Um, I'll have what you're drinking, honey.

*Courageous Communication* will get you in hot water at this company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then leave. Why stay if you are that unhappy? Life is too short. The people who want to be here will make their own success and thrive without the negativity.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, Tony Robbins, for visiting our board.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't sell this bs ABX for the life of me. This fing place sucks. Tic Toc. I'm out next month.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't come here for this abx, but I don't know if I can hang on long enough for the gram- to come out, nobody is buying.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a derailed train. And I want to look away, but I can't.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Let's have another teleconference and discuss all the "opportunities" there are for this drug! You guys are just not seeing the RIGHT people to make this happen!"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't you get this through your thick skull? The more we pull you out of the field during a launch, the better our sales will ... errrrr.... ummm... WHAT???!!!?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG, hahaha. It's sadly true. I'm still glad I left my last gig, but trust me when I tell you, it's just as stressful and pressure filled over here.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe you are complaining about having to get on conference calls. What's the big deal? All is know is that my manager leaves me alone and I don't have to endure constant field rides with him. He's only been in with me in the filed once in the past 8 months and he treats me like an adult so I am fine with having to jump on a conference call every now and then. Stop complaining already and start appreciating the autonomy and culture we have.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Autonomy is fine, love the lack of ride-alongs, but the underlying pressure and fear is building. Those in the few places that are doing well may help us make some decent numbers overall, but in my area, it isn't happening (don't sleep much these days trying to figure out how to break through, maybe another teleconference!).

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is some pressure in my area but it is mostly self imposed pressure to make bonus. None of us are experiencing any type of fear though. I have a great manager that is very understanding of the market and knows these things could take years to develop. Despite limited success for me and my peers our manager remains supportive.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our group just got a talking to last week. So motivating!

"The acquisitions of both Cubist and Durata has left the sales teams sent both of your branded competitors into a state of chaos and confusion. If you can't take advantage of this window of opportunity to break through then you are lost cause and are now a liability to us. It's time to change the paradigm out there"

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of bonus, wasn't Medco supposed to pay those nearly a month ago? Very peculiar motivational strategy... Like a carrot on a stick tied to a mule. Heehaw!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The delay is a result of our legal counsel reviewing the provisions of the bonus plan to determine if additional downward revisions of the bonus payouts is practical. For the few that sold anything, sit tight. You should receive your bonus or at least a portion of it shortly.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No bonus for you! Come back, one year!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never experienced so many teleconferences and webinars in my entire career. That said, I think the company has many quality sales reps and certainly has the potential to succeed despite an unfavorable angiomax ruling, if that were to happen.

Just my opinion...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another National Sales Meeting???