JNJ/Google robot

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by Anonymous, Mar 28, 2015 at 3:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When do you think they'll start hiring?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be a while. They don't even have FDA approval and I'm assuming that they are in the early stages of development.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No clue how far out it is but I do know they have been working on this for quite some time already. Shocked if it's more than 18-24 months out

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How will this translate to a fee-for-value system? It'll be cooler than ISI's paperweight but the value proposition needs to be there. Also, let's not kid ourselves; we are just contract mechanical design for GOOG, and anything of interest is coming from them. We've been too risk-averse to innovate in a long, long time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"value proposition"? J&J? Ha!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clash of cultures? Google is known for creativity and innovation...Ethicon is full of corporate drones. This is certainly the odd couple.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is just a tip of the iceberg on what will be coming next. This is very exciting transformation that we are taking.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Just the tip"

Thats what your management and your competitors keep telling you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

only the tip I promise......
    Glad I have significant shares of stock in both companies.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look out! BIG MONEY PLAYER ALERT!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even with this great technology on the horizon, there is a mass exodus of employees leaving due to poor management, toxic culture, and horrendous sales environment!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be sniffing glue if you think we are going to selling a Google Robot.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

Robotics will be a new business unit. Do you really think that J&J and Google are going to:

A- hand this to a failing unit?

B- Give the customer the leverage of the existing, commoditized portfolio to use in negotiations?

It will be used as a carrot to keep us here but 99% of us will never see it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll all long be dead before it hits the market. ETH can't copy a device in 5 years let alone make a completely whole new system. They all just get in the way of themselves.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Vascular stapler anyone??

Cant even copy a product very well.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

in JNJ Earnings call, they answered a question about JNJ/GOOG by referring to "and others" suggesting another party is involved. Has anyone heard rumors that it may be Titan Medical? They signed a deal with a "Worldwide Manufacturer of endomechanical devices" that was announced just days after the JNJ/GOOG partnership was revealed. They are to make the single use end-effectors for the flexible robotic snake arms. JNJ is still hiring engineers and just hired a Director of Robotics in January. That makes me think they are partnering with an independent robotics company. Thanks

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We've been hearing the JNJ/Titan Medical rumor for several years.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The JNJ robot has already been built. The Google partnership is about certain functions they are adding to it.
    They have been building this thing for 6 and a half years already.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem with that statement is that JNJ has no robotic patents published on the USPTO website and just hired a director of robotics, Paul Ritchie, in January. Those facts suggest something else. John Hargrove, CEO of Titan was EVP of Ethicon Corporate Accounts previously...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am suggesting that Titan SPORT will be the base platform for JNJ/GOOG to add the disposables/software.