This place is a joke!

Discussion in 'AngioDynamics' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2015 at 7:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VA is a complete wreck. We're literally losing accounts left and right. Customers are disgusted w/ the PICC situation. IR depts despise placing Bioflo. I cannot believe the continued "hang in there" and "things will get better."

B.S.!! Manufacturing defects that nobody can correct, a company we overpaid for and technology that doesn't work. We can't fulfill orders to boot.

Can anyone even say they've salvaged a PICC acct? Please tell me I'm not alone!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great point! If that dude is that stupid, he deserves his minimum wage pay, work like crazy selling garbage products!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talked to a recruiter who said that they all know what a disaster AngioD is, and they are all targeting AngioD reps. Update your Resumes everyone, if you haven't done so yet! The grass is much greener on the other side and a lot of great opportunities are right around the corner!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am never on café pharma. An old friend told me to read this thread. Wow. I spent a long time at AngioD. I loved it. That said, it did start to sink over the years through bad decisions and poor values. I decided to leave after the company's most decorated rep left to go to another organization. The manager in NY is the man. the manager in Florida is a complete dousche who talks about everyone behind their back. He was a former navilyst employee as well. Most of those guys had no idea what they were doing regardless. The PV division has lost over 40 percent of the sales force in the last year and the other 60% the 2 years before that. Its hard to watch and senior leadership just made a series of bad moves which compounded each other terribly. Joe Devivo was sold a bill of goods when he bought Angio vac. His mistake, his disaster, everyone now pays for it. Its sad cause nobody will tell him the truth. Most people kiss his ass cause they are afraid of him. There is no chance for any advancement at all. AngioD remains a good spot to get your feet wet into the PV, IR, Vascular arena to get some experience and leave. No experienced vascular rep with PV experience comes to AngioD unless they were fired and need a job. If you can survive AngoiD though, you can survive anywhere. That's very true. They have been littered with recalls and product failures that no one can seem to explain or rectify. Quotas are ridiculously high with expectations for Angio vac truly unrealistic. J-Mac should have been promoted a long time ago and now however I feel his battle is to hard to fight. The company wants to be sold. Lets be honest. They have nothing in the pipeline and they are way behind the times. Its sad to logon and read these comments as the company has fallen downhill and likely will not recover. what people are saying in these threads are not untrue.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Part of the problem is Joe is so arrogant that he thinks this company is worth much more than what the real value is in addition selling at a discounted rate would be a direct reflection on his handful of large mistakes in product acquisitions and wht he paid for them. Selling at true mkt value would be a huge stain on his resume.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of you guys bitching on here just don't get it. The executive team is working it's ass off to build this business into a first class device company and this is the thanks we get. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out and we'll get a new group of hot shots who keep the faith and crush the competition. YOu guys are out of control!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will assume the above post is a joke and meant to be sarcastic. In the event it is not I will quickly respond.

You don't get ANY thanks in ANY job unless you provide RESULTS. Working your ass off means NOTHING. I worked my ass off years ago in my first sales job but didn't make any sales since I didn't have the right skill set at the time and got fired. Should I have been kept around and been thanked simply because I worked hard? Of course not. This is not the way business works ESPECIALLY in Sr Leadership roles where your primary job is to provide increase in REVENUE, MARKET CAP and SHAREHOLDER VALUE.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you say "working your ass off" what is it exactly that you are working on?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does John Soto do by the way?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last time I saw Soto in the corporate office he was shining Joe's shoes while Joe was laughing hysterically out loud.

Joe GAVE Soto his job and basically does adds very little value. Talking to the guy is like speaking to your pillow at night.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shareholder value! Maximizing opportunities. You guys are not seeing the forest through the trees here bitching about recalls etc. This company has never been more valuable.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a troll - a competitor for sure go back to your own pathetic board

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did he at least use the right shoe polish?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

John Soto does absolutely nothing accept make cameo appearances at sales meetings in nice locations so he can take his family and write it off. he may be helping his buddy sell the company who knows. Nobody knows. They are promising us higher at plan numbers for this upcoming year. you can make the at plan 400K but it wont matter if it is not attainable. That's the cross road we face. It wont be attainable cause Joe needs to whip us like horses coming down the stretch to make the organization more appealing to buyers.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you honestly think someone will want to buy this mess?
    Name 1 good product that AngioD offers?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in all honesty the greatest there a couple issues our product line

the distribution model. what patents is any company buying
    somewhat commodity products
    low gross profit as we need to be above 60% or higher
    low market share and lack of GPO contracts

our competition is the big boys and somehow we continue to survive and thrive but it's getting tougher.

What any company is then buying is sales volume and a great sales team. If they have their own sales team, there goes that premium and so they are only buying sales volume. We have some very solid products and if we can move sales we can drive our stock price and make money for us all.
    It won't help much in getting us more of a premium for this company only because we lack the above which is good for most of us here in the field as it give us job security. It is why no one has bought us already. the greatest frustration has been the constant change at the top and the lack of commitment to us here in the field. if anyone is listening, a consistent comp plan, finding more new products and a commitment to us in the field would be great. There was a time that we had that. I've seen too many good people leave.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the major problems you all face is the environment you sell in. As you stated you basically sell commodities in an extremely cost sensitive environment against some really good powerful and reputable companies. Mix this in with distribution and quality issues for AD and you have a disaster on your hands along with a increased competition and costs quality are the major driving decision of purchasers. You basically has a declining value proposition for your company. Basically the value of your company is going down with no lifeline in sight A major player has Zero intersst in your company and products and a minor player would face the same basic issues you are dealing with now not to mention the debt that is included on your balance sheet with an acquisition.

Volume means very little. Gross margins are what drives the valuation in a commodity business. Your margins are so low not sure how there ducts would be attractive to anyone. Mix in the consistent quality and ritual ion of AD these days and you end up with what you have today. Good luck!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is that ship steering for you?

AngioDynamics posts loss, offers guidance

Google it!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love the fake promise of 200k at plan next year, Please explain!
    How can we make that $$$ selling the worst products on the market?
    Might as well say 500k at plan, makes just as much sance.