Voyant Conversion

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2015 at 8:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, Covidien reps are so scared of losing business with their overpriced Ligasure that they're actually posting on Applied boards in an attempt to psych us out. Keep singing your song that price doesn't matter and watch more business shift to Applied.

You Covidien guys are going to be having another downsizing soon, so better get those resumes out early.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA FUCKING HA!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I come over to Applied?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much do applied reps make per year ? I'm guessing about 95k max

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Price does matter but so does quality. Not sure if you understand but being deemed "clinically unacceptable" is hardly a compliment. Voyant's poor ergonomics, longer seal times and higher EBL reflects its sub standard quality. No Surgeon in the right frame of mind would risk using this product even if the price was right.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love the product. I am kicking ligasure out of several hospitals in my region. No hospital can resist price savings.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure you are......

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure you: Are, do,were, etc!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex COV trolls running around Applied posting. Must be very worry about losing your Ligasure sales.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the Voyant conversion is anything like the trocar conversion process, surgeons will only use for as long as they're forced to, and will eventually go back to what they actually prefer.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Applied's reputation is so bad that I don't foresee any respectable surgeon or hospital administrator/purchasing director with their job on the line ever wasting their time with this minor league affiliate. Funny how this company used to cry about how Ethicon and Covidien bundled their products to keep Applied out and now that's exactly what they're doing with energy/trocars/hand instruments.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word of the day.

PHANTASMAGORIA.

Definition: A shifting series or succession of things seen or imagined, as in a dream.

The strange, hallucinatory images you might see in a dream are a "phantasmagoria". Even when you're awake, if you see odd or fantastic things — either real or imagined — they're a "phantasmagoria".

Drinking too much Applied medical kool-aid can lead to "phantasmagoria". I hope this word explains the wishful thinking that afflicts you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be too busy worrying about your Ligasure business for replying at 3:00AM. Stapling is next. We just submitted it. We are coming in a big way. Enjoy your sales while it lasts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geography 101. The earth is not flat, it's spherical and has different time zones, but then again, these concepts are lost to a goldfish. A goldfish tends to believe that its fish bowl is the ocean and therefore it must be the biggest fish in the ocean, but don't let that thought ever stop you from persuing your delusions of grandeur.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Continue to underestimate us my friend, as it is to our own benefit. The same story will apply similar to when we launched Trocars more than 5 years ago; you were blindsided by your own arrogance. Look who has the bigger share in Trocars now... who was the gold fish???

You are correct that we are a new comer to this space. We have nothing but upsides... you on the other case, have nothing but downside.

Continue to enjoy what you have now and we will continue this conversation in a year time and see where we stand then.

Good luck to you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No dog in this fight but I think it's ironic that this is the same rhetoric that we had when I was with US Surgical. Ethicon was the one controlling the market and we were fighting for more relevance in the GPO world. Funny how that's now changed.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All products will be come commodities. Applied in this case is the change agent that accelerate the time frame, especially with their agility to improve products.

I can't wait to see when MDT/COV will be come the number 3 share player on another category, again. It is all good from hospital procurement perspectives.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't underestimate COV/MDT's ability to bundle and preexisting install base. Price alone won't do it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COV/MDT is not the only one who can bundle.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ethicon can bundle with the best of them.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bundle away guys! the robots are coming and we're all going to hell.