How muchh do diagnostic OEM reps make?

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales-General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2015 at 8:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in imaging selling contrast/injectors in MRI and CT. Naturally, I'm curious what comp plan for OEM reps looks like given the cost of CT scanners/MRI magnets (GE/Siemes/Phillips,etc)

Anybody know what base + OTE looks like?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

base is usually 60-80 and comp at plan around 150

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any companies with a better comp plan/current market position? It seems GE and Siemens are the 2 big boys on the block

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been in the OEM world a short time now. All seem to have their struggles. GE as we knows slices and dices the sales force routinely for not hitting numbers and their products aren't blowing anyone away. Their size allows them to bully some facilities into deals by bundling. People refer to them as "Good Enough" for GE.

Philips just had a massive layoff, but I was told was once a great place to be. Carestream has some grumblings on their glassdoor page but from what I've seen in Radiology have a decent product.

If you want to go more niche and focus on radiology I'd find a dealer that sells Shimadzu. Their portable x-ray unit is well received.

That or get a position selling Mammo for Hologic. They own the market and nothing can compete with them. A dream position.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the selling environment like? I feel like a lot of these types of decisions will come from hospital top down especiay with so many IDN's and hospital networks where they standardize.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your assumption is spot on! And this is how GE, Phillips sometimes Siemens sell! Bundling and Discounts for market share percentage is all done on the GPO/IDN/ACO level.
    If your looking at large imaging/diagnostics systems your sales cycle is almost a year or more. All too often though you extremely at risk of being downsized simply because allot of these deals are not at the account level, they are done as mentioned above.I'd recommend looking for more of a small to midsized OEM with a Niche!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any recommendations for small to midsized OEM's with a niche?