Eliquis 135% of Budget in 2013

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jul 28, 2014 at 5:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to last weeks financial statement BMS Beat earning estimates and "Revenue for Eliquis, the anti-coagulant approved in 2013, was $171 million, topping a $129.2 million estimate." This is 135% of Budget. So what was the IC budget qualifier for the reps last year? 135%?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About time, I guess the Pfizer people finally gave up on BMS and decided to sell the drug.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what did they say Eliquis came in at Nationally on the IC reports?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eliquis did not beat Budget in 2013

I think you're mis-reading the report. The public financials (link below) indicate that it was $171M worldwide in Q2 2014, of which $94M was US. The same line-item shows $5M for Eliquis in Q2 2013. I didn't spot the $129.2M estimate you quote, but last year those early sales were so low BMS invoked a minimum multiplier and paid the CV team far more than if the actual attainment had been used. You weren't cheated, you were actually protected. Then had a lower forecast benchmark. Then were protected again.

Reading CafePharma I understand the sales teams have a number of complaints, and I'll trust some may be legitimate. This shouldn't be one of them. BMS tried hard to do right by the CV sales team during launch; those of us who had been in home office had no such protection.

Here's the publicly available Q2 '14 report:
    http://news.bms.com/press-release/financial-news/bristol-myers-squibb-reports-second-quarter-2014-financial-results

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Eliquis did not beat Budget in 2013

Your post just proves the point that reps are basically stupid. You actually had to point out to the idiot rep that $171m was world wide sales. Good job, but sad you had to do it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The WV Pfizer reps suck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question: What are the first words spoken after sex in WV?
    Answer:"Get off me Daddy, you're mashin' my cigarettes ".....