Dr. Drew Pinsky slams Subutex and Suboxone on Howard Stern show

Discussion in 'Reckitt Benckiser' started by Anonymous, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No offense, but "Dr." Drew is a "TV physician". This is a guy who diagnosed Charlie Sheen over Twitter. He's no better than "Dr." Phil. Keep that in mind.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm no fan of Dr. Drew. But after seeing a few people manic in my travels even I'd have pinned that label on Sheen. Matched it to a tee. People with bipolar are also notoriously drawn to abusing drugs and suffering addiction issues. Maybe it's self-medication?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the very first time in 15 years I am not spending all day and every dollar chasing opiates. For the first time in the latter half of my life I have HOPE. Thank heavens above for medication assisted therapy and the counceling that comes (for free at my clinic) with it. I am not tempted to commit illegal activities and risk the chance of landing in jail due to possession of illegal substances thereby breaking my friends and families hearts. These addiction medications are not meant to be magic pills that immediately "fix" the broken lives and psyches of the addict. They are the bridge that allows the dedicated person to reach a land of hope and personal responsibilities. strong healthy families and relationships. They and the clinics and compassionate doctors who have made their sole focus in life the understanding of addictions and the whole life grip that they have on the addicted individual and their family. They are the cheerleaders that root us on to making good choices in life and becoming a whole person again, which not only helps the individual but the entire human race.

4. joanna42

joanna42 Guest

Im a former heroine addict. I was an IV user as well, which adds a whole new level of crazy to the addiction. I tried every method that i ever came across to kick my habbit: cold turkey, rehab numerous times, NA and AA, methadone, and the list goes on. Some helped a little, some helped alot, but none of them proved succesfull for more than 5 months. From the first day i started suboxone, i never used again. Because of subutex, i have a great job, wonderful relationships with my family, have been clean for the last 10 years, and lead a normal, fulfilling life. None of which was remotely possible when i was addicted to heroine. There are valid arguments to be made against the usage of this or any other substance to alleviate dependancy on another substance. Ideally, everyone would conquer opiate addiction without chemical assistance, but we dont live in an ideal world. I also strongly disagree with the assesment that subutex is a new version of methadone. I was on methadone for 2 years and the only possitive thing i can say about it is that it keeps withdrawl at bay. I used the entire time i took methadone. It had very little effect on cravings and the dispenseries are one stop shopping for every drug you can think of. All in all, i think Dr. Drew has some valid points and that all avenues of recovery should be exhausted before settling on long term chemical replacement therapy. However, if these methods fail you as they did me, subutex is truly a miracle. It gave me the opportunity to rebuild my life when nothing else could and, regaurdless of Dr. Drews view, i'm profoundly grateful for this medication. Subutex truly saved my life.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can we take the patient commercials to their appropriate websites? Good for all of you but this is a site for pharma reps to anonymously share info about their companies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO, competitor, NO methadone industry, because these testimonies may piss you off, but they mean a life to someone else.
    Further, most posters don't know the chemistry of this med, so they make serious mistakes when they call it the next methadone. No again. Bup is not even remotely close to methadone, a synthetic opiate used to fill the gap of shortage of pain meds WWII. If you are an addict, then you are an addict and no matter what type of opiate you take , you are going to get addicted to it, unless you are part of the 1% who are able to stick to a program, stay in a support group and get weaned off them. These are a few FACTS for you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you full of shit, or what?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously - take your patient testimonials and rants to another website

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Let the patients have their say. They keep you employed, you self centered asshole.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction "asshole" - the govt and insurance companies keep you employed

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit. You remark is so ignorant, it barely worth a comment. That's hardly a correction, and clearly, you don't know jack. My guess is you work for an insurance company, which explains your stupidity.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coverage is access
    Access allows your doctors to prescribe
    Without it you are useless
    It's called managed care

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

without addicts, you wouldn't need doctors writing prescriptions.
    its called supply and demand

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Self righteous sales rep

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suboxine may work, but for many who don't want to substitute one drug for another and continue to be a pawn for big pharma, ibogaine detox is a better solution. ibogaine detox is a way to end the drugs once and for all, many people find it almost impossible to get off of suboxine, or even vivitrol and thus ibogaine is worth researching, Crossroads ibogaine Treatment Center is a good start

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharmaceutical companies have a patent on the drugs they develop for a certain amount of years. The reason is for them to recoup the millions in development costs and make money. Once the patent expires others are allowed to copy the drug and sell it as a generic. It is not a conspiracy you asshat. They do it with any developed prescription drug. As far as your inability to stop Suboxone that is something you must confront but make no mistake many people have overcome hardships that pale in comparison to your Sub withdrawals. Want to be free of it? Ask an inmate, get thrown in prison and you would see how easy it is.

17. play4thepain

play4thepain Guest

ok let me first say I am 35 years old, i am 145 pounds and 5'10' 178cm. i was in a motorcycle crash when i was 20 years old, by the time i was 22 i had sever back pain and was making me throw up terrible from the pain. I was prescribed norco's 500mg 4 times a day, and kept going up until i was at 4000mg 4 times a day, so i went on methadone because they said it be better and easier to get off it i wanted. so i stayed on that 10 years and finally 2 weeks ago i stopped for 3 days and went on the suboxone for 2 weeks and stopped. I am on my 3rd day off of everything and i feel like my mind is all over the damn place and it takes all my energy to do anything. I know methadone withdrawals can last 14 day to 21 days, but i am pretty sure i am not going threw methadone withdraws anymore but i am going threw the suboxone withdraws. am do feel better than i did this morning but my mind is so loopy and it very hard to think positive. I just cant stand being on anything anymore, and i want my normal life back so much and i think that is what is keeping me going, that and i found out my wife is pregnant. I did my own detox off methadone on to suboxone. I was trying to get off methadone for about 2 years now and i went down from 100 to 50 in about 6 months and took a pause for about 3 months. then i went down again to 17mg about, I had the wafers and my take home so i saved up and stopped going to my dr because i get no where with them when i wanted to come down. so I stopped taking my methadone for 3 days and took two 1000mg norcos on my 3rd day so i could sleep a little, and then the next morning i took 2mg of suboxone and then 2mg about an hour later and then 2mg about an hour later, i went by the cows sheet and the proper procedure of prescribing suboxone at first. then the next day i did the same amount, and then i did 2mg at 6am and then another 2mg at 3pm and did that for about 10 days. then the last two days i only did 2mgs and then i went off it completely. I took a xanax to sleep but only last a couple hours if i am lucky, so my question is anyone know if i became fully addicted to the suboxone and if so how long does it last? to be honest i felt terrible this morning but now feel a little better except my legs and the sweating. Also i am having trouble with my thoughts, i cant remember anything and it seems very confusing at time.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After being prescribed 90 80mg OxyContin and 180 30mg oxycodone for the last 15 years after 4 back surgeries and never abused them until about a year ago. I was in a car accident and shattered my left arm wrist band broke or fractured every rib broke both hips and my femur. In the hospital to my already large amounts of opioiates the Drs gave 4mg dilaudid every 3 hrs prn. When released with my normal amount of pills 120 8mg dilaudid was added and it was off to the races. I never used a needle but I snorted the hell out of the 30's and the dilaudid and after 8 months my wife and grown kids gave me an ultimatum. Get help or get out of our lives. I found suboxone to be a life and family saver. I take 2 8mg films in the morning and I have no problem all day. I was worried about pain mgmt but the bupe seems to help more than I figured. So with consoling and suboxone I have not taken a pain pill in 73 days. So fuck the asshole that doesn't want patients giving praise for a drug that saved me from myself. Hopefully you have a son or daughter that ends up on the street sucking cock for a pill or a bag of horse. Then see how you feel about a person wanting to express a little gratitude and share their story.
    Btw the cost is really not a factor to me as we have excellent coverage and pay 10 bucks for brand and 5 for generic.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What manipulative remark. "and continue to be a pawn for big pharma." Thats just a stupid remark. Absolutely ignorant. This medication has saved more lives than you ever will with your stupid b.s. about offering "an end to drugs once and for all." You talk shit. Facts are, with all detoxes there is a 99% recidivism rate. Quit lying to serve yourself or your company.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You tell 'em! Old School counter-productive thinking needs to change!