What company values ?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Kevin:

Over the past 6 years I have worked very hard here at Amgen in T.O. I did it because of the requirements of the job and because Amgen treated me very well. I can't count how many times my wife ate dinner alone because I was working late but I didn't complain. Now that I have reached the level at Amgen as an Executive Director I find that the rules for my position are changing and I might not qualify to be at this level even though I have had great reviews. On top of all this my manager and the BI head are out for themselves and have communicated to us that it is essentially every person for them selves. I guess I was naive to think that my boss might go to bat for me but then he has always been interested in looking good at others expense.

What does this mean for Amgen ? It means that you are going to be loosing some very talented people who thought that their work would speak for themselves. Instead the people who spent time on their knees rather than driving business are the ones who are going to be retained. Is it too much to ask that a manager try and look out for his people ? Is it too much to ask that people be judged objectively on their drive and knowledge rather than who they stroke ?

Company values...all talk

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

welcome to coporate america baby!!!! Good treatment MOSTLY happens in good times. But when the going gets tough, its every person for themselves.