Ken F PAC email

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 2, 2014 at 1:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How should I respond to ken's email begging me to join and support PAC?

Should I go ahead and tell him that I a a liberal and I think medicines should be free to all.
    Or should I tell ken my merit increase was 3 percent only and I can't afford to contribute.
    Better yet, shall I tell him he should have thought by getting rid of sooooo many employees, he may lose participation.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like door #3 Monty. Less employees, less participants.

You can't make this $h!t up!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Respond to his e-mail, asking him to not include you on further such solicitations, on the grounds that you view them as a form of undue pressure/extortion for political contribution.

Keep the e-mail, and if you get laid off in the next few years, sue for wrongful dismissal.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great response! Great idea. I was so mad I simply deleted it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, or the fact that political contributions were used to support Obamacare, which is further crushing our industry. If you're liberal, you should be happy to donate. I'll never give a dollar to the short-sighted idiocy that we use our PAC $ for.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually -- the reason your PAC supports Obamacare:

It. Is. Better. For. Pharma. Than all other alternatives.

Staying status quo was... Impossible by early 2010.

ACA of 2010: generally good for pharma.

Just a fact.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please back this up with some facts. I see continued shrinking of our industry, fewer products getting approved, companies paying billions of dollars(in addition to taxes) to govt for ACA, doctors unable to make it on their own forced to join large groups, growing wait time to see doctors, less time with doctors, and much more. Please provide reasons why you feel this is the only path to choose? If you have a headache you take an aspirin not cut your head off!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You better call some-bod-ay! See you at the deposition.

- Ken F

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the problems you list are completely unrelated to the ACA of 2010.

The one provision that benefitted pharma most? 25 million more newly-insured potential customers.

Next best? The gradual closing of the donut hole (by 2017). Again, billions upon billions of continued reimbursement for life-long medications.

I could continue -- but why bother? Just go read the PhRMA position papers -- pharma's trade group -- on the relevant website.

All the best, compadre!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Karl Marx. Appreciate your humor, especially the 25 million newly insured members POTENTIAL(because we are lucky if there was a net of 1 million after people who lost their insurance got a new plan). Not sure where you're going with the donut hole because pharma is picking up a greater portion of the bill here(you should probably do your homework here too), and lastly the problems specified are all a direct result of the UNAFFORDABLE CARE ACT. Funny, yet disturbing, how liberals see the world in such a different way than a normal person. If you happen to be black my statements are not an attack because of racial animus. I simply don't agree with you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well... Your penultimate sentence makes this a dialogue not worth pursuing.

I won't be able to convince you -- and you won't even read your own trade group's position papers, on the topic. So I guess you are smarter than PhRMA's brain trust. Let's just call it a day, pal...

So -- say it loud! I'm black! I'm proud! Take your cra cra... Away! I'm out!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad you know how to use a dictionary. No need to try to prove your lack of intelligence using big words. The brain trust of pharma got into bed with Obama in hopes of it helping our industry. Unfortunately it only made it much worse.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ACA helped the vaccine division-it is not even questionable. First dollar coverage on all ACIP vaccines. That is why the vaccine division is one our areas of investment. Without the ACA, half of MVD would be wiped out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Case in point of Short sighted thinking.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. ACA is good for Merck although it may not be good for sales reps that don't work in oncology, vaccines and the other prioritized areas.